Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Five Row Springboard!?

Thanks

Thumbs up Five Row Springboard!?
    Yup its out Five Row Springboard made by Gi-lo (The TM) of Touch-Mania via Cydia, you will probabley hafto add there repo HERE

Ime using....
    Five icon Dock (From Telesphoreo)
    Five Column Springboard (From Mac Themes)
    Five Row Springboard (From Touch-Mania)

and so its not so cluttered ime using Pump theme(From Mac Themes)

Screeny

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.png 
Views:	21478 
Size:	270.0 KB 
ID:	196801

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Chaos For This Useful Post:

crashnburn_in (03-10-2009), drgopoos (02-12-2009)

Thanks

been out for a while now hate to burst ur bubble...search the other threads in the forum first
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danvicente View Post
    been out for a while now hate to burst ur bubble...search the other threads in the forum first
    You must be thinking of something else, it was only relesed today see HERE

Quote Originally Posted by danvicente View Post
    The post is about 5 icon ROWS. The 5 icon COLUMNS has been out for a while but this is ROWS.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

TRY THIS @ YOUR OWN RISK.

I just installed this crap, then tried to uninstall.

My phone froze, so I tried a reboot. I am currently stuck at the boot logo with the spinning wheel of death.

THIS IS CRAP !
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar
    Thanks

Spinning wheel of death does not sound very good. Restore time....

Thanks

That's odd I've just uninstalled and reinsalled this twice now had no problems anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjapanicq View Post
    Spinning wheel of death does not sound very good. Restore time....

Yup, I am in the process right now.

As of right now, I do not recomend @ this time.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    TRY THIS @ YOUR OWN RISK.

I just installed this crap, then tried to uninstall.

My phone froze, so I tried a reboot. I am currently stuck at the boot logo with the spinning wheel of death.

THIS IS CRAP !
    This was post on another forum by Sakurina, the developer of 5-column SB (fcsb), and it's directed to Gi-lo, the developer of 5iRows. It may put things in perspectives and explain problems (btw, Sakurina is totally right on uninstalling fcsb, it messed up all my icons; the implication of all this is that when a new firmware comes up snd you want to upgrade, this sort of apps -I would include Categories in this family- may create some serious problems, so beware):

You say "they can work together", Gi-lo, but the uninstall will most likely mess something up.

You never actually answered when I asked if you have an uninstall task that'll reorganize your icons properly to make sure the plist doesn't mess up. This is crucial. And very challenging.

The main reason FCSB 0.56 is not out right now is that the uninstall process is incredibly hard to do right. It worked fine in 0.55 but it was hardcoded to support 4 columns. If someone uninstalls FCSB while your extension is installed, it will (in the best case scenario) reorder their icons. In the worst case scenario, it may cause SpringBoard to stop launching altogether.

I'm having enough trouble with my issues right now that if I try to code in compatibility for a varying amount of rows, people will probably never see FCSB out on Cydia. I'm not saying I'll never do it, but it is not in my priorities for the near future.

If your extension does not have a prerm:
    - Most community sources will not even want to host it
    - You are going to cause people to whine and moan because their icons aren't placed correctly after uninstall
    - You are automatically ruling out use on any firmwares lower than 2.2 (though you can run into hardcore issues with Safe Mode even with a prerm on firmwares <2.2)

Doing anything that messes with the dimensions of the icon matrix is easy, but making sure it uninstalls cleanly is far from it.

Adding a fifth column to the icon matrix is essentially a 4-line method hook. This excludes actually making it display correctly on the screen, but to tell the system "you have 5 columns now" really only requires 4 lines of code.

Just for those 4 lines of code, I have a 154-line prerm that makes sure the plist is fine on uninstall. And it isn't even fully working yet. FCSB was a nice first project, but I strongly encourage people to avoid messing with iconMatrix, because it'll make uninstall processes a compatibility hell. For everyone.

Luckily, there is a good solution to this. It's called Conflicts: and it's the field in Debian control files that says "don't let the user install this if this other package is installed". Until I actually code in compatibility for variable rows, which will most likely not happen for a long time, your tweak will be in the Conflicts field, and will keep people from installing both at the same time.
    Last edited by marcoiac; 02-12-2009 at 10:44 PM.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

yup can confirm i had to restore because of this.
    my springboard just crashed suddenly and after that it was just downhill
    got stuck in the boot logo, no wheel though
    not recommending this at alll

This came with a really nice easter egg, Statusbar Springdots. This is a winterboard theme that allows you to display the springboard navigation dots in the top status bar... very cool.

does this really work, i've installed it and i dont' get the 5 rows, do i need a new theme? 5 column works but thats it