+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: .ipb themes obsolete???

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
With the new iTunes update causing a lot of people (including myself) to be unable to jailbreak, It seems that .ipb files are obsolete. I hope this is not the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default .ipb themes obsolete???
    With the new iTunes update causing a lot of people (including myself) to be unable to jailbreak, It seems that .ipb files are obsolete. I hope this is not the case and that they release a fix soon but as of right now, i cannot jailbreak to install any ipb files on my phone. I was in the process of making a new theme and i needed to install it on my phone for the final tweaks, but i am unable to do so without getting an "illegal installation" error when jailbreaking. I know that i can put the files in manually using ssh, but that defeats the whole purpose of the .ipb development.

[/rant]

Input is greatly appreciated.

Alex

Green Apple
    Thanks

make the switch to iswitcher...no need to jailbreak just SSH or SFTP into the phone to load the themes and launch iSwitcher on the phone to use the themes...thats what ive done since i can no longer jailbreak as well...also use summerboard for the wallpaper.

Thanks

There is no need to use jailbreak, instead use either AppInstaller, Breezy or iBrickr to "unjail" your phone. Then use the new iphuc. I still have full access and can run iphuc scripts which I'm thinking you could modify your ipb files for.

I also have all my mods in one pxl package. Makes it quite easy to reload after a restore.

Edit: In case you are not familar with the new process, it goes like this:
    1. plug in phone
    2. run ./iphuc
    3. setafc com.apple.afc2
    4. you are connected.... no funtzing around with restore mode anymore. Of course this is on a Mac, I'm assuming there's the same thing for a PC.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-11-2007 at 01:50 PM.
    White 3G

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

I think .ipb format is obsolete because eventhough it is a quick and easy process, the is iSwitcher, Summerboard, and dock. iBrickr is the way to go!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    I also have all my mods in one pxl package. Makes it quite easy to reload after a restore.
    If you ever get some free time, I think this would make a great topic for a instructions page or a sticky.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by easyb View Post
    If you ever get some free time, I think this would make a great topic for a instructions page or a sticky.
    yup... working on it...
    White 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i agree...