+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: To make skin creation easier for everyone?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi, I have a question and a request depending on the answer to the question. My question is... I read the tutorial on how to work on iPhone icons. But,
    Thanks

Default To make skin creation easier for everyone?
    Hi,

I have a question and a request depending on the answer to the question.
    My question is... I read the tutorial on how to work on iPhone icons. But, the conversion of png process got me totally lost. It seems a bit too complicated for me. So, my question is this... you convert the iPhone png to a normal, editable png. After you make changes to the icon, do you need to convert it back to iPhone png?
    Because what I am thinking is... it would be nice if we had a page with already converted (to normal png) iPhone icons. Then, people that don't know how to do the conversion (like myself) can download the icons, edit it to their likings, and load it up to their iPhone. If it needs to be converted back, maybe people can upload the icons they made themselves for somebody else to convert it for them? Just an idea...

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

check the stock images part of the downloads section of this site, they are all there

and just save it as a png and upload it to your phone, you don't need to convert it back into anything
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Thanks

Thanks a bunch, lifesmymachine!

Edit: Thanks to your help, I was able to make my first skin(s). I can't decide which wallpaper goes better with my icons, but I call one Supernova and the other Garden. I know this is not where I post my skins, but I wanted to show you how far your help got me to show my appreciation. Thanks again.

http://modmyi.com/forums/attachment....0&d=1189487108
    http://modmyi.com/forums/attachment....1&d=1189487108
    Last edited by GoldenTequila; 09-10-2007 at 11:07 PM.