+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dial pad

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I am on firmware V1.1.2 and working on a customized dial pad. I have some trouble changing the picture for the bottom bar, the one with the FAVORITES/CALLS/CONTACTS/PAD/VOICEMAIL icons. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Dial pad
    I am on firmware V1.1.2 and working on a customized dial pad. I have some trouble changing the picture for the bottom bar, the one with the FAVORITES/CALLS/CONTACTS/PAD/VOICEMAIL icons.

I assume that this file is at the root of /applications/mobilephone.app under the name of lcd_bottom.png with a 8x96 pixels format. The file I have made won't show on my dial pad... What's wrong?

And my last concern are the icons on that bar... I've done some changes (copying my images in the original pictures (with the same size of course)) and saved them. But when I reload my phone and go the dial pad, my icons are surrounded by a white area. Could somebody help me on this?

Thanks

They are imbedded in mobilephonepackedimages.artwork file. You need to extract the png's to edit then repack them. Look in the wiki guide for editing artwork files.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes, I know that. I've extracted them, modified them (they're on transparent background), imported them in my modified mobilephonepackedimages.artwork. I've restarted my iphone but in my keypad, the icons I've changed are surrounded by a white area. Any idea why?