Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downloaded themes

Default downloaded themes
    hi , when i download a theme from here , this theme section , how do i install ? , because all i get is a lot of files

How to SFTP Summerboard themes

1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP? or iPhoneBrowser?)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

homie.d.clown (03-01-2008), kinganderson (06-24-2008)

Hi. I tried this method with 1.1.3 but couldn't get the theme. The theme I wanted is Glass Orb by Toyvan.

I also tried to install via the Installer but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    How to SFTP Summerboard themes

1. install BSD subsystem

2. install OpenSSH

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP? or iPhoneBrowser?)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5. Summerboard themes go in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

Hey kj. Download WinSCP from the following site. http://winscp.net/eng/download.php Once downloaded, launch WinSCP, (ensure your phone is plugged in), for the host name, this will be your ip address from you wi-fi connection on your phone. The login name is root and password is alpine, and the file protocol is SCP. Once your logged in, on the right hand side of SCP, go to the following directory. /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes. Now, inside the themes folder, you will see all the current themes installed on your phone, all you have to do from here is go to your theme folder you have downloaded on the left hand side of SCP, and drag and drop it in the above dirrectory I gave you.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be more then glad to assis.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim26 For This Useful Post:

kjsuser (03-02-2008)

Thanks Jim for teaching a noob like me.

Can you also teach me how to change an icon? Which file do I drop it into? eg. if i like to change the weather icon. thanks in advance again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim26 View Post
    Hey kj. Download WinSCP from the following site. http://winscp.net/eng/download.php Once downloaded, launch WinSCP, (ensure your phone is plugged in), for the host name, this will be your ip address from you wi-fi connection on your phone. The login name is root and password is alpine, and the file protocol is SCP. Once your logged in, on the right hand side of SCP, go to the following directory. /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes. Now, inside the themes folder, you will see all the current themes installed on your phone, all you have to do from here is go to your theme folder you have downloaded on the left hand side of SCP, and drag and drop it in the above dirrectory I gave you.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be more then glad to assis.

Quote Originally Posted by kjsuser View Post
    Thanks Jim for teaching a noob like me.

Can you also teach me how to change an icon? Which file do I drop it into? eg. if i like to change the weather icon. thanks in advance again.
    Try utilizing the search feature in this forum and reading one of the tutorials that has already been posted.

sorry if i'm in the wrong thread. how about for wallpapers only? which folder do i put it?