+ Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: downloaded themes

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
hi , when i download a theme from here , this theme section , how do i install ? , because all i get is a lot of files
...
  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    Default downloaded themes
    hi , when i download a theme from here , this theme section , how do i install ? , because all i get is a lot of files

  2. #2
    Moderator Admin Broomhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Outside Chicago IL
    Posts
    17,154
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

    How to SFTP Summerboard themes

    1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

    2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

    3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP? or iPhoneBrowser?)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

    4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

    5. Summerboard themes go in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

    homie.d.clown (03-01-2008), kinganderson (06-24-2008)

  4. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi. I tried this method with 1.1.3 but couldn't get the theme. The theme I wanted is Glass Orb by Toyvan.

    I also tried to install via the Installer but to no avail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    How to SFTP Summerboard themes

    1. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

    2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

    3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit. If using a PC try WinSCP? or iPhoneBrowser?)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

    4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

    5. Summerboard themes go in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

  5. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Hey kj. Download WinSCP from the following site. http://winscp.net/eng/download.php Once downloaded, launch WinSCP, (ensure your phone is plugged in), for the host name, this will be your ip address from you wi-fi connection on your phone. The login name is root and password is alpine, and the file protocol is SCP. Once your logged in, on the right hand side of SCP, go to the following directory. /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes. Now, inside the themes folder, you will see all the current themes installed on your phone, all you have to do from here is go to your theme folder you have downloaded on the left hand side of SCP, and drag and drop it in the above dirrectory I gave you.

    Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be more then glad to assis.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim26 For This Useful Post:

    kjsuser (03-01-2008)

  7. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks Jim for teaching a noob like me.

    Can you also teach me how to change an icon? Which file do I drop it into? eg. if i like to change the weather icon. thanks in advance again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim26 View Post
    Hey kj. Download WinSCP from the following site. http://winscp.net/eng/download.php Once downloaded, launch WinSCP, (ensure your phone is plugged in), for the host name, this will be your ip address from you wi-fi connection on your phone. The login name is root and password is alpine, and the file protocol is SCP. Once your logged in, on the right hand side of SCP, go to the following directory. /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes. Now, inside the themes folder, you will see all the current themes installed on your phone, all you have to do from here is go to your theme folder you have downloaded on the left hand side of SCP, and drag and drop it in the above dirrectory I gave you.

    Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be more then glad to assis.

  8. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsuser View Post
    Thanks Jim for teaching a noob like me.

    Can you also teach me how to change an icon? Which file do I drop it into? eg. if i like to change the weather icon. thanks in advance again.
    Try utilizing the search feature in this forum and reading one of the tutorials that has already been posted.

  9. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    sorry if i'm in the wrong thread. how about for wallpapers only? which folder do i put it?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts