Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories Background Question

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Categories Background Question
    Ive searched around and havent found the answer to this:

How can I change the background in categories?
    Ive located the background.png in /private/var/stash/Applications/Categories.app

And Ive replaced that image with my own, but it still shows up black.... what am I doing wrong?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Was your own image named the same as the stock one? It should be Default.png correct?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

It was named the same, its actually background.png. I figured it out, each categories creates it own app folder in /private/var/stash/Applications, and the image needs to be changed for each separate category.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    Ive searched around and havent found the answer to this:

How can I change the background in categories?
    Ive located the background.png in /private/var/stash/Applications/Categories.app

And Ive replaced that image with my own, but it still shows up black.... what am I doing wrong?
    Your looking in the wrong place. After you create a category, you need to look in the category YOU created and replace the background .png there. What you just did was look in the Categories app.

For example, I created a category called "games". Look for the "games" app in /applications and replace the background png there.

Edit: I see you figured it out

Default Winterboard Override
    I am having a similar problem. I changed each background file in respective categories folders but my winterboard wallpaper is still overriding each screen. Is there anyway around this?

-grateful newbie

Live saver hint. Thank you.

Default override winterboard for categories?
    Bump. How do I override an all-pervading Winterboard theme for a custom Categories background? I put the background.png in there, respringed and rebooted, but nothing.

This thread is result number one or two when I google "iphone categories backgrounds". But the only person who explained their issue similar to my own posted many years and firmwares ago... with no resolution. Seems like an obvious question, what am I missing? A proposal for deaf ears, though it's obvious: integrate Winterboard and Categories! That would be awesome! They maybe don't have to assimilate each other, just work together. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by tresorcache View Post
    I am having a similar problem. I changed each background file in respective categories folders but my winterboard wallpaper is still overriding each screen. Is there anyway around this?

-grateful newbie

Hi Brothers,
    this is JEET here, im from india, been a great fan of MODMYI foroum, and thnks to all your supports and valuable lessons was able to make many astonishing modifications in my Iphone

I was able to chang loading screen and background for categories
    and im using iphone 4 on IOS 4.2.2

Well As already we all know there are different folders for each category made.
    so to change the background you have to change 2 files
    1) background.png
    2) default.png

these files have to be update in each of the category to make it work, even if u leave one catagory to default it wont work

SSH you files to this location
    /var/stash/Applications.pwn/Categoryxxx.app/
    "xxx would be any three digit number"

so njoying modifying.... tk care and do let me know if it worked for you all