+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] How to change lockscreen background through Winterboard?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hey Guys, Can you change the image in the lock screen through winterboard? I know you can change with your own photos and "Set as Wallpaper" But I havent seen
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default [HELP] How to change lockscreen background through Winterboard?
    Hey Guys,

Can you change the image in the lock screen through winterboard?

I know you can change with your own photos and "Set as Wallpaper"

But I havent seen a theme that also changes the lock screen.
    It only changes the main screen wallpaper.

Is this possible through winterboard?

I thought about this becasue downloading "slider themes" that rely on the background image to make it work.
    When you check them on winterboard. You would just see the slider.
    and not the wallpaper image. So you have to take a lot of other steps to get the right image for the slider

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah, you can. The image would be named "LockBackground.png". Can include with a theme.

Edit: One thing though, since Winterboard works in a "pecking" order so to speak, you will have to have the background on top of Winterboard (as the first selected item). Basically, once its on winterboard....take your finger and place it up top.
    Last edited by cpjr; 09-30-2008 at 11:05 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @cpjr
    thanks alot!! it helped.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

You can ssh a lock background to the (User Lock Background) and click on it.

private/var/stash/themes QISXL/user lock background theme
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 10-02-2008 at 07:45 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Yeah, you can. The image would be named "LockBackground.png". Can include with a theme.

Edit: One thing though, since Winterboard works in a "pecking" order so to speak, you will have to have the background on top of Winterboard (as the first selected item). Basically, once its on winterboard....take your finger and place it up top.
    Can you be more specific?

Do you mean that I can include a "LockBackground.png" file in my themes main folder along with the Dock and Wallpaper images, or do you mean I should include it with a ".theme" folder for Winterboard?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    Can you be more specific?

Do you mean that I can include a "LockBackground.png" file in my themes main folder along with the Dock and Wallpaper images, or do you mean I should include it with a ".theme" folder for Winterboard?
    What cpjr meant was that when you bring in Winterboard, the items you "check" will run based on top priority. So if you "check" multiple themes in Winterboard, the ones above the other(s) will take precendent and overide anything duplicated below it. You can stack themes in Winterboard if you want to use parts of one theme that the other doesn't have. But again, the ones on top will take priority and override anything checked below.

Just in case you don't know, you can drag themes (or wahtever) around in Winterboard by holding your finger on a checked theme and then sliding up or down. Hold finger over check mark (on right).

So basically, if your theme doesn't have a Lockbackground.png in it, you can simply make one (or download one) and using SSH (or Diskaid) drag that LockBackground.png into the proper directory.

I hope that answered your question.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@cpjr and @Bigperm26 thx a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it helped!!!!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey there all..question...is it possible to actually change the backround to winterboard where u select the items u just downloaded from cydia?

Thanks

ok i get what everyones sayin but my ques is somewhat similar (if not the same and i dont get it) but how do u get rid of the black part where the time is on top of... i really wanna just change it but if i could get rid of it it would help also....it would help a bunch

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Invisible lock-clock background
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein3000 View Post
    ok i get what everyones sayin but my ques is somewhat similar (if not the same and i dont get it) but how do u get rid of the black part where the time is on top of... i really wanna just change it but if i could get rid of it it would help also....it would help a bunch
    SSH the invisible.theme to the Themes folder and enable it (or not, up to your daily taste ^^) right on top of the WinterBoard list.
    All the Lockscreen badges further down will be cleared.

Edit : I found this the easiest way.
    If you prefer applicating the function one by one, copy the blank UILCDBackground.png into the UIImages folder of a theme.

.zip contents : invisible.theme (give it the name you prefer, it doesn't matter)
    UIImages folder
    UILCDBackground.png

(hope it helped )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rocky34; 05-03-2010 at 03:11 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky34 For This Useful Post:

Einstein3000 (05-10-2010)