+ Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tinker Bell Theme

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
best Theme yet in my opinion (even though I can't use it). Please make more!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

best Theme yet in my opinion (even though I can't use it). Please make more!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    rapishare is all I know, is there a better one. I just put it up here because I sent it to badboybill to do what he will with it, since it was his theme.
    We allow anyone to upload to our download center, so I just up stuff there. That way I know when someone looks for the file 6 months from now, Rapidhsare hasn't deleted it (like they do with old files) and we still have a copy.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

mgregor (09-06-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone nokian93's Avatar
    Thanks

It is a nice theme. Not the best one out there. thou.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nokian93 View Post
    It is a nice theme. Not the best one out there. thou.
    Not trying to be better than anyone, I aint like that, just filling someones request is all and my girlfriend wanted it to. It's all a matter of opinion on what people like.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,156 Posts

Oh boy critics everywhere! You did an outstanding theme badboybill and put alot of work into doing it for free and there has to be a sour mouth remark like that? of course everyone has their own taste but if you like vinegar and we like sugar go drink yourself a bottle nokian93! He probably does not even have an iphone just a nokia! hehe

/me goes hide my skins from that meanie!
    Last edited by Doreen; 09-06-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not criticizing because this theme looks great. Although I may have to buy my wife an iPhone now cause she saw this. But I was wondering. Is it possible to make the text in the dock icons match the text for the other icons?

Again, great theme. Even if it did cost me another iPhone.

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nevadadealers View Post
    I'm not criticizing because this theme looks great. Although I may have to buy my wife an iPhone now cause she saw this. But I was wondering. Is it possible to make the text in the dock icons match the text for the other icons?

Again, great theme. Even if it did cost me another iPhone.

Thanks
    I looked into that and I think I could have done that, I didnt realize how to do it till after it was already uploaded. Im not sure but I would experiment by altering the plist file and put the text onto the dock in the physical picture. I might try it later. I just bought my girls iphone like a week ago and paid full price then I find out yesterday that they dropped the price. GRrrr....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badboybill View Post
    I looked into that and I think I could have done that, I didnt realize how to do it till after it was already uploaded. Im not sure but I would experiment by altering the plist file and put the text onto the dock in the physical picture. I might try it later. I just bought my girls iphone like a week ago and paid full price then I find out yesterday that they dropped the price. GRrrr....
    if it was only a week ago, they'll refund you the $200. if it was over 2 weeks ago (like my purchase), they'll give you $100 store credit at any apple store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Oh boy critics everywhere! You did an outstanding theme badboybill and put alot of work into doing it for free and there has to be a sour mouth remark like that? of course everyone has their own taste but if you like vinegar and we like sugar go drink yourself a bottle nokian93! He probably does not even have an iphone just a nokia! hehe

/me goes hide my skins from that meanie!
    AGREED! Everyone has there own taste and the theme is ment for people who WANT a Tinkerbell theme!

Well...as being the original person with the theme!....Thanks badboybill! It's GREAT, just what I wanted

Thanks

hi could you tell me how you made the weather day and night background with the bars colored. i tried to overlay the old 1 over my pic but i can`t seem to get it colored, only clear and i can hardly see it. thanx

Green Apple
    Thanks

create a new layer over the picture you want for the background, draw some
    rectangles, color the rectangles any color you like, preferebly black or grey or some matching color to your background, then set the opacity of that layer to around 50 percentish or whatever looks best. Good luck.

My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

Mad Props on the tinkerBell man. Awesome Job. I mean wow
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the compliment, especially from you, seeing your themes has actually inspired me to become better at photoshop and improve my skills, I would say that you have made my favorite icons on the site. Keep up the good work and I'll stay inspired. And excellent job on the new theme.

My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya I was checkin it out and I was like DAMN. I wish I had more time to play with things but all these new app launchs are killin me. lol. I make something.. then something new comes out.. and over again.. lol.
    But really. You did awesome on this.
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Thanks

awesome looking theme man. My girl wants it on her phone now. lol

hey dude, would u mind posting what font you used? im gonna try and fix the bottom icon text. ill post a fix once i get it done.

thanks man

Green Apple
    Thanks

I installed this today with Summerboard loaded on my phone. When I loaded the theme the white text of the apps names showed through the picture. So for each app there was the text of the theme and the standard white text also right on top of each other. Deleting summerboard fixed it. Just wanted to mention it in case anyone else has this problem.

Update:
    Still playing with this great theme. I was wondering if this would work.

1. Create a blank icon, completely transparent.
    2. Load four dummy apps I wouldn't use with apptapp.
    3. Assign the blank icon to the four dummy apps.
    4. Install other apps that I do want and arrange them so they are below the dummy apps.

If the problem with the double text could be fixed, this would allow summerboard to be used for extra icons without covering up the tinkerbell graphic.
    Last edited by nevadadealers; 09-09-2007 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

anyone know the font that was used here?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok for the Summberboard users, Im going to redo my Mario and Tinkerbell theme to be Summerboard friendly, so don't worry about workarounds and all that. I will seperate my icons from the PSD file and make them work with Summerboard and seperated the wallpaper to its own file. This will be much more convenient and flexible for everyone. Should have the files ready as soon as I can.

I will share the font but the Summberboard version Will Not have the special font titles. As far as I know custom fonts and the way summberboard works is incompatible right now, because the fonted titles are part of the wallpaper. Since the wallpaper doesnt scroll with summerboard then the icons would move without the titles.

Only way for it to work with Summberboard would be fonts as part of the icon, which I might include a set of icons special made with the title as part of the icon.

Can someone tell me if its possible to remove the titles from Summerboard?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone just point me in the right direction of how to put this on my phone. Ive been trying for days and just can't seem to do it. Im a total noob and blonde, so the 2 don't go together well...LMAO

Running mac OSx and itunes 7.4 iphone 1.0.2 Any help to a guide or whatever would be great. Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't have a lot of time to post a long explanation. But I'll try to point you in the right direction:

Download the theme here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=606

Install apptrap from here:
    http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/
    make sure you get the verison for iTunes 7.4

when you get apptrap installed install open ssh from inside the installer app (apptrap)

download fugu from this guide:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Usi..._X_with_iPhone

The guide explains the rest of the steps. Hope that helps.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to nevadadealers For This Useful Post:

BostonGirl (09-10-2007)