+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loring, where you @?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I miss seeing your new ideas floating around man. You taking a break? Working on something big?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Loring, where you @?
    I miss seeing your new ideas floating around man. You taking a break? Working on something big?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonydrone View Post
    He's around, and you got half of your statement right wanna guess which have lol. Just hang tight, this guy has more ideas than his brain can handle - you wont be disappointed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks for the heads up Mirror. Looking forward to it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

Workin on something top secret with the MMi staff. You guys want themes? Youll get um

LOL.. Mirror. I think your right. Is that why I get headaches?
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 08-28-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

ceramicwhite (08-29-2007)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Oh yummy can't wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Your Icon 2 Theme
    Hey Loring.

Great work my friend.
    The Loring 2 Theme rocks. The only problem is, it has been tough for me and a few others to get the icons onto the springboard as you have it shown in your example image.

I am wondering if you could include a propper file to tell the phone where to auto place the icons .... (sorry, i-phone hacking noob), .. because all attempts have caused the empty black space to go bye bye, and getting those icons into the bottom sometime causes them all to go up to the top leaving only the "mail" icon.

Im sure someone can help me with this, ..

Your set rocks, I just wish I could instsall it properly ..

[email protected]
    Photographer

Thanks

Jordan.. Make sure you have the right services in your displayorderlist. Look in the info.plist file for each of your "added" apps and take that string and make sure it matches your displayorder =) I think most people have for example Nes.app and I renamed mine nintendo.. Thats it
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

ceramicwhite (08-29-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only other app I have installed is "Installer".
    Im too much of a noob to figgure out how to place, or replace strings in the plist file, but as we speak .. here is how my phone looks..

Its all stock, but missing the "stocks" icon. In its place, "maps" took over and the very last icon on the 3rd row is filled with the "installer" app.

I am one by one replacing the icons in their respective folders with yours, and checking it every 3 icons or so by restarting the phone.

All looks good so far, and I replaced the springboard with your brished metal one. Now, .. what I havent done yet is replace the icons on the very bottom (i.e. phone, mail, safari, ipod ..).. as this is what caused me all ther trouble last time. Im wondering if once all the other icons are replaced, .. should I continue with those, replace the .png file, and then upload the spingboard plist you included?

Will that just auto sort it all out?

Gah.. I hate being new.

Ah, one other thing.
    I just tried to replace the bottom icon "phone", and it still has the words

"Phone" under it. Any way to get rid of that?

Thanks for your patience guys.

This is what my screen looks like:

Now if I do the last 2 icons, .. they are not transparent on the bottom, and its going to look messed.

EDIT:

Nevrmind. I got it. I edied the plist in word, deleted the reference to "stocks" and all went perfectly.
    You rock.
    Last edited by jordan310; 08-28-2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan310 View Post
    Hey Loring.

Great work my friend.
    The Loring 2 Theme rocks. The only problem is, it has been tough for me and a few others to get the icons onto the springboard as you have it shown in your example image.

I am wondering if you could include a propper file to tell the phone where to auto place the icons .... (sorry, i-phone hacking noob), .. because all attempts have caused the empty black space to go bye bye, and getting those icons into the bottom sometime causes them all to go up to the top leaving only the "mail" icon.

Im sure someone can help me with this, ..

Your set rocks, I just wish I could instsall it properly ..

[email protected]
    Photographer
    you are propably using iFuntastic and that program wont let you update the springboard file to fit your icons I recommend WinSCP it is so quick and easy all you do is drag and drop

also Loring everyday I look to see if you made the Guci black theme with the dog tags and I never see it and I know you deleted it but thats my favorite theme I have ever seen please re-upload it

Thanks

Ya I accidently deleted that one from my laptop =( Ill do something in the future I'm sure.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    Ya I accidently deleted that one from my laptop =( Ill do something in the future I'm sure.
    thanks man I just love that one so much is there any way of adding the dog tags easily to the white gucci one, also a BAPE skin and a Stussy skin would be so dope

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Figured it all out. The phone looks Kick ***. If ony you could make an icon for the "Installer" program that hides the name, and a Nikon camera icon (D200) instead of a Cannon for our shooters, we would all love you even more. =))

Thanks

Easy on the Canons! LOL.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

jordan310 (08-29-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nothing wrong with Cannons.
    I just wish you could make a Nikon version as well.

Equality is a good thing. =)

Oh yea, hey Lor,

Any way to get your signature or a graphic to replace the clock on the top like you have in your example? Currious.

Also, am I alone in thinking that an on screen button that shutd the phone off would kick ***?

PLEASE make an icon for the pro Nikon? Please??!! =) Lol.
    Last edited by jordan310; 08-29-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Loring please come back and make us a quality theme.... all these background with clear icons make me wanna <barf>.....

please please make us some new themes lol
    Hit Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey loring can i make a request, my girlfriend is using your Pink theme, the one with the poka dots, i made it so installer.app takes the place of Stocks, and Launcher takes the place of weather, she never uses these, was wondering if you could make me up some icons for those apps, thank you in advance...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where is the Loring Pink download? I want it and can't find it): help me!