Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PShop Help in Creating Background

Default PShop Help in Creating Background
    I found a great picture to use as a background image and I think that the New Prado icons on top of it would look killer. So I have my background in PhotoShop CS2 in the right size (320x480). I figure an upper portion (320x267) for icons, a middle portion (320x107) for the photo subject, and a lower section (320x106) for the dock. I split the upper section in to a 4 by 3 grid with each box being (80x89). Then I placed the icons in the middle of each box and merged the whole thing in to a single background. Next I used the Rectangular Marquee Tool to closely highlight each icon and deleted the selection, leaving nothing underneath. Saved as png and put all of the files to my phone. I could see most of the icons but there was dead space above the top and left of the icons, and the bottom and right were covered.

Is there a better way to line up where the icons will be once on the phone and a more precise way to cut them out from the background? I'm not very skilled with PhotoShop so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -background-sliced-w-icons-copy.jpg  
    Last edited by Wolf.vs.Tiger; 08-27-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Why not use the online skin creation program? You simply upload your graphics and drag them over. It does all the magic for you.

If you missed the link at the top of every page it's http://www.modmyi.com/iphone_skinner

I like doing things the hard way. I'll give it shot. Thanks.