Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Changing the "Slide to Unlock" Text

  1. #1
    Default Changing the "Slide to Unlock" Text
    I believe it's possible to change the "slide to unlock" text, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I would like it to say "push it to the limit" instead.

    Does anyone know how to go about doing this? Where is this file located in the iphone file directory?

  2. #2
    It is located in the /SpringBoard.app folder, and it is called SpringBoard.strings

    If the format is unreadable, you can download a readable version in the download section, edit it to your taste, and then put it on your phone, and it will work like a charm.

    32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    I am going to assume you are on a MAC. If you are not, there may be a few different steps.

    First, the file is SpringBoard.strings

    It is located in
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj

    pull it down to your system and rename it to SpringBoard.plist

    Edit it with Perf Setter (Should be located here, or Google it).

    The string you are looking for is "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL"

    Change it to whatever you like, and save. Then rename the file back to SpringBoard.strings, place it back on the phone and re-start the phone.

    All should be good.

    - Daerid

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daerid For This Useful Post:

    Dash-2 (09-19-2007), iMadman (06-24-2009), pinkiyah (01-09-2009)

  5. #4
    Ok, I'm not on a Mac, I'm on a Windows PC. I was able to find the file, save it to my computer, and change it to SpringBoard.plist. I can't figure out how to edit the file, I changed the .plist file association to notepad, and tried to edit it with that, but it came up as all gibberish. Any one have an idea on what software I should use.

    ToxicFTW,
    I didn't see any readable versions in the downloads section. Can you direct me to one?

    Thanks.

  6. #5
    Here you go:

    link.

    32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ToxicFTW For This Useful Post:

    Dash-2 (09-19-2007), marsbarbabe (01-09-2009), Nick Z (01-09-2009), P3XU (05-05-2011)

  8. #6
    ToxicFTW,
    Thanks for the link. I was able to edit it successfully.

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFTW View Post
    Here you go:

    link.
    how did you get the file output to look like that?...when i opened using word pad. i got it all bunched togather..not with HTML tags or anything?..

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerid View Post
    I am going to assume you are on a MAC. If you are not, there may be a few different steps.

    First, the file is SpringBoard.strings

    It is located in
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj

    pull it down to your system and rename it to SpringBoard.plist

    Edit it with Perf Setter (Should be located here, or Google it).

    The string you are looking for is "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL"

    Change it to whatever you like, and save. Then rename the file back to SpringBoard.strings, place it back on the phone and re-start the phone.

    All should be good.

    - Daerid
    pull it on your sytem ??? wat do u mean by that ? do i have to put it on the phonedmg and the go to the terminal how i dont get help please...

  11. #9
    Under what string is the "End Call" I looked but could not find it, maybe i am overlooking it. I want to change that to say somthing else....Thanks!
    Last edited by FizzikalJ; 09-12-2007 at 10:53 PM.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by EL LOKO View Post
    pull it on your sytem ??? wat do u mean by that ? do i have to put it on the phonedmg and the go to the terminal how i dont get help please...


    im confused about the same thing....

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by erandall39 View Post
    im confused about the same thing....
    I think he is referring to pulling it off of the phone and onto your desktop via an SSH connection...

  14. #12
    sweet, i make it. I use iphonebrowser to backup the original files, and then replace it with my own file. cool

  15. #13
    Download Customize from apptap open program scroll down to Springboad Strings.. Just type whatever u like it has about 34 text alerts you can change to whatever you like, this is by far the easy and most convenient way to do this so far

  16. #14
    Hi, I have an Ipod Touch, and I would like to edit the "Slide to Unlock" text as well to my own desired phrase, words. Is there a way I can do this, through the use of windows pc?

    Please if you could detail me to the steps of doing it.

    Greatly appreciate it.

  17. #15
    it works like a miracle......


    anyone know whether is it possible to change the fonts???
    seem dull using the original.....


    cheers

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by legn8er View Post
    Hi, I have an Ipod Touch, and I would like to edit the "Slide to Unlock" text as well to my own desired phrase, words. Is there a way I can do this, through the use of windows pc?

    Please if you could detail me to the steps of doing it.

    Greatly appreciate it.
    Customize. And warrior, I do not think it is appliocable to change the font.

    Reako

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Customize. And warrior, I do not think it is appliocable to change the font.

    Reako

    thanks bro.....think hv to live with it for the time being.....

  20. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Customize. And warrior, I do not think it is appliocable to change the font.

    Reako
    mate reako i edit my springboard before changed "slide to unlock" to lets get it on. now, im trying to change text trough cuztomize but it wont change the text

  21. #19
    does anyone know how to do this on 1.1.3 ? ?

    **UPDATE** nevermind its the same xD
    Last edited by stocis; 02-05-2008 at 11:19 AM.

  22. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    KU
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    i cant seem to figure out how to save the editied file back to .strings it always shows it as being .strings.plist

    any help would be awesome!!!
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •