Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing the "Slide to Unlock" Text

any luck???

i couldn't find anything

nope - anyone else know?

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

nvm i got it. had to go through whole lot of crap to do it.

I had fixed this by someone else sending me a copy of their folders. BUT sinse then there have been updates and redsnow etc that would also have fixed this problem.

MBB

I know this is an old thread....but i'm going to ask for help anyways.

I'm trying to do this on a 3G on 3.12 and every time I replace the SpringBoard.strings file it causes my "SLIDE_TO_UNLOCK" text to say "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" instead of my custom label. What is causing this? Any thought?

I'm an idiot!!! I was changing the wrong text. hehehe Works like a charm now!!!
    Last edited by KiZZ; 10-26-2009 at 01:01 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KiZZ For This Useful Post:

dhangejr (12-20-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by marsbarbabe View Post
    Hmm - now I'm having some sort of problem.

I thought I'd see what the winterboard option of 'Calendar Mod by Aldwin' was BUT after I didn't like it and then turned it off - the day and date normally shown on my calendar icon on the home screen springboard was MISSING!?

I searched for a solution - which was to reinstate a backup of springboard.strings

So I did this and the date came back BUT...
    now, everytime I go to edit the 'slide to unlock' (as per the above)my date dissappears from the calendar again.

Do any of you clever boys know what's going on?

I even tried it the downloadable from this thread BUT every time I edit it the date dissappears.

Any ideas would be good.

Thank you

MBB
    eITHER UR USING A DIF FIRM WARE OR SOMEONE EDITED THE CODE. i COPIED MY STRINGS FILE FROM PHONE AND LEARNED HOW TO EDIT THAT ONE. juST USE TX EDITOR AND THEN FIND IN DOCUMENT OPTION HELPS LOTS. hOPE i HELPED. oh LOL SORRY FOR ALL CAPS

Default Slide to unlock not changing
    I've edited the springboard.strings file and put it into the relevant folder inside a theme I created but it's not changing. What am I doing wrong?

Okay I have downloaded the .strings file. Only thing is I cannot open it to edit. I'm on windows XP. Any help would be great. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adgp View Post
    I've edited the springboard.strings file and put it into the relevant folder inside a theme I created but it's not changing. What am I doing wrong?
    i have same problem as him. it used to work but now its either the SLIDE_TO_UNLOCK or its just back to normal, although ive tried to different themes, switching back and forth and even turning on both in winterboard. nothing changes in my benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by warrior888 View Post
    it works like a miracle......

anyone know whether is it possible to change the fonts???
    seem dull using the original.....

cheers
    there located in system/file/fonts. if u have a custom font.tff u have to change it to the name of the font u r replacing. im not sure whisch ones go to what, i just know lockclock.tff is the lock clock's font.. i changed mine to the defused font. i think the one for system fonts is like halvetic or something with an h

the easiest way is to open ifile and navigate to system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/english.lproj/Springboard.strings and u can edit all the system strings. u can even use emoti! i got an apple logo in my slide to unlock text
    Last edited by TOakie21; 07-23-2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ringboard.html

iStrings. Either should help. IStrings let's you go into settings menu on idevice and click the app from there. Then you change any string nativly on idevice

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123