Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: background icon and command help

Default background icon and command help
    on the themes, which icon is the one for the background and what is the command? thanks

there is not one background icon. each application icon together makes up the entire background.

btw I'm a liberatarian.

Thanks

Really, then how come some of the themes that are made have a wallpaper icon that is in the demo folder and the other icons are not large enough to fill the screen?

there's one icon that is used for the background, i'm trying to find out which one

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

no, there isnt

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

hehe, there really isnt ONE icon that makes the background, however it is true that if you make ANY icon oversized, it will just take up that much more space on your homescreen. Thus, if you make your Demo.app icon huge but dont use it, it will just flood your homescreen creating a sort of faux background. the way it used to be done was the bottom 4 icons on each row would just be extra tall to take up the whole homescreen.

at least, thats my understanding.

Usually, or better historically, people use the icon.png in DemoApp.app. Again, usually, DemoApp.app is placed as the bottom left application of the main screen. This icon is huge and it is layered above the other icons (that's why you need to make the areas of the other icons transparent or they will be covered). So if all you want is a background, then put DemoApp there and use the background you want as its icon (but use transparency properly). In theory, you could avoid the transparency issue if you used the SMS icon (because it is layered at the bottom). Yet another alternative is to use a striped approach, where icons from 4 different apps all receive a strip of the background. The problem with the latter approaches is that the background darkens when you launch the app that contains the background icon...

In the meantime, we have lots of other apps and some people rearrange the order of their apps. So then you must decide which icon you want to use as the background and how you deal with transparency.