+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing Filestrings/Renaming buttons

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I thought i would post this again because i had trouble finding how to do it again when i upgraded. I used this to change what the cancel button said
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Changing Filestrings/Renaming buttons
    I thought i would post this again because i had trouble finding how to do it again when i upgraded. I used this to change what the cancel button said on the power down screen.

1)SSH into you iphone/touch
    2)go to:/system/library/CoreServices/springboard.app/English.lproj
    3)The file you want is the springboard.strings file, i recommend you copy a backup to your computer just in case,
    4)copy a file you can edit (make it so you folders show the file extensions) change the file to a .txt and open it in notepad.
    5)Now you can change whatever you plz i guess, i change the <key>POWER_DOWN_CANCEL</key>
    6)After saving changes change doc back to .strings and copy it back to the same folder. If done right it should ask you to overwrite the file already in the folder.

Just to clarify dont change the wording inside the <key> change the words in between <string>. Also this is for fw 2.0.2, but im almost positive its the same for 1.1.4 and probably others but those are the only fw ive done it on.
    Last edited by phatcamaro; 08-30-2008 at 01:40 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

or you can download Customize from Cydia...from Customize you can just easily change the strings...all the slide strings actually.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Im aware of this however i would love to see someone change the cancel button on the power down screen using that method.

Customize wont let you change what buttons say.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

i see. It would be very helpful to show an image of what you had changed. Thanks for the post. Happy Modding.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I tried but the screenshot doesn't work when I'm in that particular screen, but when you hold the power button and you get the slide to power off screen it's the cancel button at the bottom