Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No 'var' folder...

Default No 'var' folder...
    Hello all,

I am very new to modding the iphone. I finally got the jb to go correctly last night, and played with different 3rd party apps, and themes last night. I am now trying to learn to upload themes/battery themes etc manually and am having some problems. I have searched and I understand the basics, but there is either an issue with my phone, or I am just not getting it:

Here is the deal, I finally found a browser that I could get to work (i-FunBox), and I got into my phone (no wifi home network so SSH is out of the questions for now), but there is no var folder. There is a var file, but I cannot place items into it.

Any ideas, because I have several neat battery themes I want to try, and they go inside there, by the directions I read, but I am having little luck, and creating a folder just makes the car file flash.

Thanks for any help. Perhaps I need to download another program? I have cydia, installer, customize, and winterboard.

Thanks...
    Last edited by N757QQ; 08-27-2008 at 02:06 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that program doesnt show the whole file system just the media part like many of those applications
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

N757QQ (08-27-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with heath_rox...perhaps the ifunbox is not showing the complete directory.
    There is a way of setting up SSH without WIFI... Google for Iphone Tunnel Suite and winSCP...it's an easy set up..i do this at work everyday. Basically youre using the iPhone as a modem thru usb. And you can also set permission thru this way also...cool trick if you dont have wifi access.

GoodLuck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

N757QQ (08-27-2008)

Thanks to you both. That got me up & going again. I am back to trying to figure this out. Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

glad to help. Have fun modding.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iFunBox also other tools like iPhoneBrowser, can only show the media folder unless the iPhone is jailbroken. After jailbroken, entire filesystem will be ready for accessing.