Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what does this mean ?????

Default what does this mean ?????
    when i downloaded the time machine theme it showed me a note wrote on it

NOTICE (includes alternate wallpaper and icons fir the phone,mail,safari,ipod,installer,apollo and calender-just rename them)

what do just rename them ,,,mean and from where i can rename them or fine the alternate icons?????????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weko View Post
    when i downloaded the time machine theme it showed me a note wrote on it

NOTICE (includes alternate wallpaper and icons fir the phone,mail,safari,ipod,installer,apollo and calender-just rename them)

what do just rename them ,,,mean and from where i can rename them or fine the alternate icons?????????
    It means that the author of the theme created icons you can use in place of the the ones he included as a default. Basically you have two choices of the icons mentioned. To use the alternate icons just rename them whatever they are named on your springboard. So if you don't want to use the default safari delete it and rename the alternate icon to Safari.png.

The icons should be included in the package.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

weko (02-12-2008)

i cant find it imean the renaming thing!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weko View Post
    i cant find it imean the renaming thing!!!!!
    I'm going to assume you're on windows, on firmware 1.1.2 or lower, and used installer to download the theme.

Download iPhonebrowser. Install it. Once installed, at the top of the iPhonebrowser window, click 'Go to location' and choose Summerboard Themes.

Find the them in the list of folders to the right. Double click the theme folder to see the Icons folder. Once inside the Icons folder, find the alternate icon (it may be in the root theme folder), right click on the alternate icon. Choose 'save as.' Name it after the app. Now find the default icon inside the Icons folder. Right click the default icon and choose 'replace' and replace it with the icon you 'saved as.'

I can't make it any simpler.

If you're running fw 1.1.3 the steps are the same except the Summerboard Themes folder is on another path. You'll have to search the board for that info. If you're on a Mac, iFuntastic will do pretty much the same thing.