Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm new and I don't know what to do!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default I'm new and I don't know what to do!!!
    I apologize if I put this in the wrong place but I think I got it right. Basically I don't really have any PS skills but I have found things that I like on this site. What I would like is to combine all these things into one theme for my iPhone. I have the carrier logo I want, the icon set that I would like and a picture for a background that might need a little work. If anyone would be willing to help me with this you would be my best friend forever.

First the icons.

I would like these icons.

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=435

I don't have any other programs other than stock and I like the stock ordering.

For the carrier logo I would like to use this.

I would like the slider bar from the first post by digitalkid in this thread. The Decepticon one.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....epticon+slider

And finally as a background I would like to use the following picture. What I would really like is to use it in color for the locked screen and then after unlocking the picture would remain in the same place but fade to black and white. That would be really awesome. Just the symbol itself, not the red outline or anything.

Ok, I think that's it and I'm sorry for asking so much. The building of these themes just looks to be a little out of my knowledge range. Following a guide to install them hopefully should be a good bit easier. I really appreciate anyone even attempting to help me out here. Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

In the guide section of this site, located here:
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You can find step by step guides on iPhone homescreen modding...
    These include:
    Skinning the iPhone (Windows)
    Adding a Custom Carrier Logo
    Adding a Dock
    Adding a Background
    Customizing Homescreen Icons One at a Time
    Intalling ipb for quick theme swaps NEW!

Sounds like you have a lot in mind, but the guides here should answer all your questions, and if they don't you can always fall back on these forums.

To get started you will need to jailbreak your phone, and use iphoneinterface to connect to it throught the docking station. For easier access, I suggest installing SSH to allow you to connect to your phone directly over your WiFi connection! This is also required to install native applications on your iPhone such as the wonderful NES emu by NerveGas here:
    http://iphone.natetrue.com/nesapp/

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, I did the carrier logo myself as it was fairly straight forward. The rest looks to require some PS skills which I just don't have. The tutorial goes through building an image in PS and I'm sure I could try but it wouldn't be pretty.

EDIT: Alright I've now done the sliders in a fashion that I like. It doesn't look quite as fancy as the one that digitalkid made but at least I did it myself. I still think I could really use some help with the background. I think I can do the icons by myself but the background looks hard.

Ok, using this most wonderful app here at MMi the skinner I was able to do almost what I wanted. I really liked the icon set I posted but they are made with a mirrored black bar underneath and only look good against a black background. I used the circle icons that are preloaded on the skinner and it looks much better than stock. I am almost happy with this phone, I just wish it was louder like my BB. Anyone got any suggestions for that?

Last edited by Wastegate13; 08-23-2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost