Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: creating icons w/ rounded edges

Default creating icons w/ rounded edges
    im trying to create my own icons, but im stuck on how to make them look like normal iphone icons with rounded edges. when i resize mine, they are just squared. can someone help? TIA

Well if you are using photoshop, I would hazard to guess you may not be saving it in the correct format. Try "save for web," pick "png 24," and make sure your transparency is checked on.

i was using paint.net but i will try photoshop. are you talking about the newest photoshop? CS3?

If you're using PhotoShop, then use this PSD.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aahandagr8 For This Useful Post:

NetMage (02-08-2008)

thanks, but what is that? im fairly new to photoshop, so please bare with me.

Thanks

I use paint.net. Can you post an example of what you're doing?

shuckafree: Its a PhotoShop Document (PSD)...download it and then open it from PhotoShop..you'll see what I mean.

I opened the psd file with photoshop but I dont know how to edit it to get the icon i want. ANy help?

I opened the psd file but I dont know how to edit it to get the icon I want. Any Help?
    Last edited by studguy; 02-07-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can also open the PSD in Paint.net if you add the PSD filter to Paint.net.
    http://frankblumenberg.de/doku/doku....tnet:psdplugin

Once you open the PSD, there are a variety of layers that can be enabled or disabled to change colors. Turn off the background layer for a transparent background.

The top three layers represent the content of the icon; create a new layer on the top, draw your content there, and pick an existing color layer or create a new color layer (or hue change an existing layer) to get a colored background.

Nice PSD. btw.
    Last edited by NetMage; 02-08-2008 at 01:24 AM.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage