Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock Not matching Background

Default Dock Not matching Background
    I was wondering, in some of the previews of themes that people are posting it looks like the dock blends in with the top background perfectly. Like there is no color difference at all. However, when I do it, there's at least a faint difference as if the dock is darker or lighter sometimes. And you can see the line even though the actual picture lines up perfectly. Is this just because those previews aren't actual screenshots from the phone? Or is there something I'm missing here to make them match perfectly? Any help would be appreciated.

start from your bg image 320x480
    dock size is 91x320
    from the very BOTTOM of your BG image (320x480) count 24 pixels UP
    -this is where the bottom of the dock starts
    -then count 91 pixels UP
    --this is the very TOP of your dock

to line up:
    move the image 1 pixel to the right
    -add another layer
    -move that layer below your dock
    --apply black color to that layer
    -merge both layer
    -save it
    -upload

DONE.

i know its very vague at some point, but check out Windows Modding 103... hope this helped you a bit.

Thanks,

However, I understand the spacing and all that. That wasn't the problem.

But, the second part you mentioned about merging black into the dock... How much do I merge it in? I've tried every single percent of fill and opacity and it never seems to match. This is what I'm having troubles with. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrwallace View Post
    Thanks,

However, I understand the spacing and all that. That wasn't the problem.

But, the second part you mentioned about merging black into the dock... How much do I merge it in? I've tried every single percent of fill and opacity and it never seems to match. This is what I'm having troubles with. Thanks
    theres no percent value to merge 2 layers... once you have created the layer, move that layer below the dock layer... the newly created layer, apply or fill it with black color... once you have this done... go to Layers>Merge Visble Layer. thats how you merge both layers... once merged, save it as a .png file and then upload. let me know if you need help.