Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with changing wallpaper, after getting new 3G

Default Problem with changing wallpaper, after getting new 3G
    Hey all! About a month ago, I got my first iPhone, 1st generation, which I jailbroke soon after getting, and installed Customize. I used it until about 2 weeks ago, when I upgraded to a 3G iPhone. When I synced with iTunes, it transfered over every from my old phone, including the wallpaper that was placed using Customize. A few days later, somehow I was able to get rid of the wallpaper placed with customize.

Now all was good until the other day, when my iPhone stopped being able to use the microphone built into the headset. I brought it to the Apple store in the local mall, and they replaced my iPhone and headset. However, iTunes latest backup for my iphone, was before I upgraded to 3G, despite me syncing it with iTunes since. Once again, it transfered everything over, including the wallpaper I applied with Customize. However, now I can't get rid of the wallpaper, or even replace it with the stock wallpapers that came on the phone. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? I am currently running on an unjailbroken firmware 2.0.1.

Plug in your 3G and restore it through iTunes; but start off as a new phone, don't use the back up. Then you can manually set up your sync options for everything you used to have. Or jailbreak it and manually remove the file.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Talynrider For This Useful Post:

Masterz1337 (08-11-2008)

If I start it off as a new phone, will I have to re-emnter all my numbers nad re-download all my apps?

If I do jailbreak, how would I go about removing the file?

depends on how u sync your phone. My contacts, calendar , and such are on my computer so when I sync I pull from there, this no need to reenter anything I just let iTunes do the work for me. If u jailbreak see the thread for solutions lockwallpaper which I think is what happened in your situation and effected it new phone by proxy.