Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change background on 1.1.3

Default Change background on 1.1.3
    I know this has been asked a million times but I'm asking because all of the solutions dont wont.

I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone and i have moved the SummerBoard app from
    /private/var/root/Library
    to
    /private/var/mobile/Library

This enabled me to see my new themes and click and enable them. The images for the icons load fine but the background will not load. I have tired calling it
    Wallpaper.png
    Dock.png

That did not work so i put a file in the theme with the images folder called
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    I tired this with both file names of SBDockBG2 and SBDockBG and Wallpaper.png and Dock.png

None of this worked. I have also tried to replace the background file in the
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    the file that is the background and the dock image, i was told, are SBDockBG2 and SBDockBG. I back both of these up and replace them with my new images. I then power cycle my phone and i have nothing.

If there i something else that i need to do please enlighten me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 1,248 Posts

I tried everything under the sun too but nope still no wallpaper on the springboard w/ or w/o using summerboard. =(

That is all that is missing for my 1.1.3 upgrade to be complete...

Summerboard and 1.1.3 aren't fully compatible yet... Be patient, I'm sure an update is around the corner.

I know but you would think that if i modify the system image file myself it would take right?

i replaced my SBDockBG.pgn and SBDockBG2.pgn and it works for me, you have to make sure its exactly the right size and saved as a pgn file, not just renamed.

New summerboard is now available! refresh your sources! It works on 1.1.3 dev team upgrade!

Now all i need is 5 icons in dock...