+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help plz

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
yea, as u can probably tell im new here. and im new to this whole modding business. i just got 1.1.3 on my iphone. i really want to get some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help plz
    yea, as u can probably tell im new here. and im new to this whole modding business. i just got 1.1.3 on my iphone. i really want to get some new themes. i have no clue what jailbreak means and i think i should lol. All i really want is to get some themes and maybe a couple games. im sure all of my answers have been posted before, but i cant find them. plz help

Thanks

Summerboard currently doesn't work in 1.1.3 so if you want Themes, you'd have to do everything manually.

Jailbreak is just a fancy term for making your iPhone's files system Read-Write instead of Read-Only.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Jon Reed (01-29-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is helpful, but i still dont know wut summerboard means. and are there any themes i can download, or when u say manually, do u mean, like, make them myself lol....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Reed View Post
    this is helpful, but i still dont know wut summerboard means. and are there any themes i can download, or when u say manually, do u mean, like, make them myself lol....
    Summerboard is a program that automatically changes your wallpaper, icons, dock to other things (themes). It doesn't work on 1.1.3 right now.

What I mean by "manually". Is if you wish to change the dock and icons to other pics, you'd have to make the changes in each app. And until you've read up more on the iPhone file system, I don't think its something you should tackle.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Jon Reed (01-29-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea, ill take ur advice. i've been looking through this stuff all day, and im now downgrading to 1.1.1. ill then jailbreak it then see what i can do from there. what do u think this will allow me to do?