+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help using .psd template

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hey guys, needing some help with a .psd template for a theme. I've tried using both GIMP and opencanvas 4.5, both load the .psd and I can edit layers etc,
    Thanks

Default Help using .psd template
    Hey guys, needing some help with a .psd template for a theme. I've tried using both GIMP and opencanvas 4.5, both load the .psd and I can edit layers etc, but the layer for text, I cannot get it to change words. I can delete the word, but I don't know what font the text is, nor how to edit that layer. Can someone look at this psd, and tell me what i'm doing wrong please.

I want to use this template to make some missing icons for my theme. If someone can tell me how to edit that text layer (also the font name) and how to insert a picture into the icon i'd be forever greatfull. I spent all last night messing with it and it's driving me crazy.

attached is the .psd template (not mine, credit goes to creator)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

can someone please offer a suggestion or something, i'm at a loss on this, I've tried another .psd template and it does the same, so I know it's something i'm missing, I just don't know what!@!@!@!