Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with keypad images

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Need help with keypad images
    Hey everyone. ok i have extracted the Keyboard-Latin.artwork file and i start to edit the images but i am having an issue. when i edit an image with a transparent background and re save it as a png im getting a white box around the image. i have attached an image for you to see. any ideas would be great.

Using photoshop cs3 to edit images.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/...6419a2.jpg?v=0

Thanks

Are you removing the background status of the image? Or are you using layers? Maybe one layer is transparent and another is not.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    no i have made no layers and when i open the image back up after saving it in photoshop it is still transparent.

Thanks

Try the "Saving for Web" feature. And it's also an 8Bit, not a 24Bit PNG?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok just tried that and it make its all white behind the image.

Thanks

It should look all white in a preview or thumbnail. Or do you mean on the iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ya in the phone. b4 there was a bit of transparency between the image and the white box section now its just all white. I kept transparency so i dont get it.

its like they have done something sneaky to the images.

Thanks

Hmm.. Tricky. Yes, the iPhone does something sneaky with PNG's, but it also reads regular PNG's too. Have to look into that one.

In Photoshop does it call your .png image "Layer 0,1" or "Background"? If it's background you need to make a copy to alter. Choose Select All, Copy, New Layer, Paste, then delete the "Background" layer It's a weird thing of PS that I don't understand.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    no it opens as layer 0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtbooth View Post
    Hey everyone. ok i have extracted the Keyboard-Latin.artwork file and i start to edit the images but i am having an issue. when i edit an image with a transparent background and re save it as a png im getting a white box around the image. i have attached an image for you to see. any ideas would be great.

Using photoshop cs3 to edit images.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/...6419a2.jpg?v=0
    when you save scroll down till you see save for web device. that way you can save as a png with a transparent backgound.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have tried that in 8 bit 24 bit mac ect nothing works.

what is even stranger is if i add info to that area is dosnt put the white box look at the example

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3116/...9919ac.jpg?v=0
    Last edited by tshirtbooth; 08-07-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

scroll down and click "Save For Web & Devices"

then in the preset box click PNG-24

then make sure that the Transparency is checked

then click save and select wherever you want to save the file, you then will a saved png with a transparent background.

this is what I do for all my iphone png's.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have tried that a few times. i am real good with photoshop and computers and usly i can lick problem like this but this time its a no go. here is another image. i am getting the transparency right otherwise i would not get it in the first image. its like it wants information around the edge but in the original there is none. also if i change the black box to a grey one it gos back to filling in white. i only can get the white box to go away by stroking the out side black.

ggggg on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by tshirtbooth; 08-07-2008 at 12:41 PM.

PMed you tshirtbooth and shot you an email. Let me know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtbooth View Post
    i have tried that a few times. i am real good with photoshop and computers and usly i can lick problem like this but this time its a no go. here is another image. i am getting the transparency right otherwise i would not get it in the first image. its like it wants information around the edge but in the original there is none. also if i change the black box to a grey one it gos back to filling in white. i only can get the white box to go away by stroking the out side black.

ggggg on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    this may solve your problems.

download the below file it has all the keyboard images in it (Saurik gave me the file):

iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - 2.0 other.artwork files

as you can see in the below photo I do not get the same problem (I did this real quick), I have a feeling it is the original image that you are using or some setting in photoshop got messed up.

I am also modding the keyboard using the winterboard app, by placing any png that I want to change in the following folder Themes/(name of theme)/UIImages
    Last edited by opusandbill; 08-07-2008 at 01:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i tried those files and same thing. But im not using winterboard. Im loading them back up into the Keyboard-Latin.artwork file. Not sure how to do this in winterboard. when i go into winterboard in my phone all i see is the 2 themes i downloaded. no menu or anything to drop images into. I changes my dialer by editing the .artwork file so im not sure why the keypad is not working. any ideas or maybe a link to how to theme with winterboard.

like for instance how do i make a theme folder and put the images i want in the folder and make winterboard know that they are to replace what is in the .artwork folder?

cheers
    Last edited by tshirtbooth; 08-07-2008 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks

to add your own themes goto Library/Themes/ and add a folder with name of the theme.

You should see this:

Library/Themes/(name of theme)

then you want to add a folder titled UIImages, So you will have this path

Library/Themes/(Name of theme)/UIImages

you can then open the 2.0 file I posted and change any image you want (that includes the keyboard and other.artwork images) and then place the image inside the UIImages folder.

You will also want replace any .artwork with stocks ones.

you have to use the files from the 2.0 That I got from Saurik because the images have to be saved with there name.

to have a wallpaper you name whatever image "Wallpaper.png" and put it in your theme folder.

you can also copy the info.plist from the stock theme and you can edit it to change the color of fonts, hide fonts alltogther, and change the type of font.
    Last edited by opusandbill; 08-07-2008 at 03:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok i upened a theme that was already installed added the UIImages folder inside the theme folder added the file i wanted to use kb-std-landscape-active-bg-pop-center.png then rebooted but the image didnt replace its still the same image as before. did i miss something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast