+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon transparency help!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I don't have Photoshop, so I am hoping someone will be generous and lend me some of their time... I have 4 icons that I would like to put on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Icon transparency help!
    I don't have Photoshop, so I am hoping someone will be generous and lend me some of their time...

I have 4 icons that I would like to put on the bottom dock of my iPhone. Problem is they all have a background color and it just doesn't flow seamlessly like that...it flat looks like crap! I've included the dock I'm using as well as the 4 icons. The background screen is all black, including the portion above the dock I've attached. Anyone willing to help??!??!?? This is the final piece in my iPhone theme. Once this is done the whole thing is going to be posted for everyone to have, so PLEASE help!

Ideally, the arrangement will stay standard on the dock (Phone, Mail, Safari, iPod), if it matters. Also, I'm using iFuntastic to upload this so whatever formatting you can do to make it easy enough to transfer using that would be great. Thanks in advance!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Icon transparency help!-sbdockbg3trans.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images     

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Im not a guru Im learning as i go.
    Let me know what you think...

Shot at 2007-08-20

or

Shot at 2007-08-20

3. The Following User Says Thank You to datorres For This Useful Post:

youngcap (08-20-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

great job datorres...beautiful work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome that is exactly what i wanted...now i just have to figure out how to cut it up into individual pngs to get it on myiphone like that--unless I am taking an extra unneeded step and making this more difficult than it actually is? Thanx again!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youngcap View Post
    Awesome that is exactly what i wanted...now i just have to figure out how to cut it up into individual pngs to get it on myiphone like that--unless I am taking an extra unneeded step and making this more difficult than it actually is? Thanx again!!
    no problem. how exactly are you putting the theme together? I have the icons as seperate files if you need them. if your using the manual way all you have to do copy the icons to the respective folders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using iFuntastic 2.5 on my brother's Macbook, since I'm still awaiting it for my PPC Powerbook. When I tried to put the icons on using iFuntastic it gives me a background color automatically. I don't have the developer tools, nor the knowledge to do it manually in Terminal. I attempted to get everything to use iPhuc but I think it's too risky since I don't have any clue what I'm doing. I also tried to throw on the transparent icon that's floating around the forums, but iFuntastic didn't like that very much.

I don't know if you can get it cut at the right places to get it seamless on the phone. I tried to move things around a bit but it's too difficult to match perfectly to the background. The icons are off just a touch to the left of where they should be once on the phone, if the transparent icon worked it wouldn't be a problem at all. I guess I will just have to wait a week or so until the next iFuntastic comes out. That should give me my PPC version and allow me to use the transparent icons since I've seen some similar complaints from others about that non-feature. Thanks for your help though. If I get bored next week, I may take a day and just bite the bullet, then install the dock as an ipb file from the skinner on here.

oh and I'm using your non-mirrored design. I don't know what it is, but the mirror seems like clutter to me lol
    Last edited by youngcap; 08-22-2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youngcap View Post
    I'm using iFuntastic 2.5 on my brother's Macbook, since I'm still awaiting it for my PPC Powerbook. When I tried to put the icons on using iFuntastic it gives me a background color automatically. I don't have the developer tools, nor the knowledge to do it manually in Terminal. I attempted to get everything to use iPhuc but I think it's too risky since I don't have any clue what I'm doing. I also tried to throw on the transparent icon that's floating around the forums, but iFuntastic didn't like that very much.

I don't know if you can get it cut at the right places to get it seamless on the phone. I tried to move things around a bit but it's too difficult to match perfectly to the background. The icons are off just a touch to the left of where they should be once on the phone, if the transparent icon worked it wouldn't be a problem at all. I guess I will just have to wait a week or so until the next iFuntastic comes out. That should give me my PPC version and allow me to use the transparent icons since I've seen some similar complaints from others about that non-feature. Thanks for your help though. If I get bored next week, I may take a day and just bite the bullet, then install the dock as an ipb file from the skinner on here.

oh and I'm using your non-mirrored design. I don't know what it is, but the mirror seems like clutter to me lol

Yea i usually do a manual copy using fugu with sftp. Well if you dont mind posting your other icons and background when i have some time i can put the theme all together. The simplest would be to post the files on one of the free file posting sites.