Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on 2.0 Keyboard Skin

Default Stuck on 2.0 Keyboard Skin
    I just installed Glossy KeyBoard from Planet-iPhones Mods via Cydia, and decided I didn't love it, so I uninstalled it. However, it is still the keyboard that is showing up, even though it isn't "installed" anymore.
    The program says that it backs up your existing keyboard, but I'm not sure how to get it back!
    Oh and I have firmware 2.0
    Thanks a BUNCH!
    Last edited by matteroniandcheese; 08-02-2008 at 01:28 PM.

additionally that keyboard has the ":" (colon) and ";" (semi-colon) keys swapped.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

i think you need to ssh into the phone and replace the keyboard files with the original ones
    -Nicole

I just had a problem where I updated Glossy Keyboard, and it apparently needed Winterboard now so it installed that too. The install got messed up, so I uninstalled Glossy Keyboard, and then i had an invisible keyboard. I could see the space and delete key text, but no other letters, which made typing impossible.

I took my pwned Custom Restore.ipsw, changed the name to .zip and then unzipped the file. You have to mount the disk image inside the resulting folder called "018-3785-2.dmg" (or at least that's what mine was called), and then navigate to:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/

Then SSH to your iPhone (i used Cyberduck) and replace or transfer these files to the iPhone in the same folder. I only used the two files below, and then rebooted my iPhone, and it seems to be working with the stock keyboard now, as far as I can tell. Hope this works for someone else.

Keyboard-Common.artwork
    Keyboard-Latin.artwork

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

refer to my post here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...messed-up.html

it will explain what to do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to flrdotcom For This Useful Post:

Clem-Clone (08-13-2008)