Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error installing BigBoss AT&T Carrier Logo in Cydia

Default Error installing BigBoss AT&T Carrier Logo in Cydia
    OK, so I had the BigBoss AT&T logo from Cydia installed on my 3G and it was working fine for days. Then Customize came out and I installed that, last night I finally downloaded a theme through there and applied it no problem. Then I went back to my original theme in Customize and I lost the BigBoss AT&T logo for some reason, it went back to the normal AT&T in white block letters. When I try to reinstall it through Cydia I get this message:

"subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1"

I click OK and it exits without installing. Anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix it? I've tried the Reinstall option as well as Uninstalling/Reinstalling and they both lead to the same message. Also rebooted the phone, no luck. I just want the nice logo back like it was before.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to swizzle23 For This Useful Post:

johnny69blaze (08-11-2008)

I got the same message.

Can someone just post the png here and I'll manually drop it? Please and thank you!

Nobody has this?

If you can post this for us I'll hit the thanks button!

Well johnny69blaze...here's the logo but I don't think it's going to do you any good. I tried manually putting it in and it didn't work, it was as though the phone was ignoring any logo and simply using the block letters.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Anyway BigBoss was nice enough to respond to my email and he thinks it's an issue with Customize. I decided to do a restore back to my clean jailbroken firmware and after that I was able to install the logo through Cydia again with no problems. Now that Winterboard is out I have not even bothered to install Customize and everything is working great...I can toggle between themes in Winterboard and the carrier logo stays.

I've also updated to 2.0.1 jailbroken (which wipes everything) and confirmed that the logo installs fine through Cydia on 2.0.1 and I can still toggle themes in Winterboard with no problems.

Winterboard > Customize

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Customize is sooooooo BUGGY .............

Thank you for your efforts swizzle! You were right. I couldn't manually drop the icons so I restored custom firm and downloaded the icons again from cydia. Works for me now.

winterboard rocks

Quote Originally Posted by swizzle23 View Post
    Well johnny69blaze...here's the logo but I don't think it's going to do you any good. I tried manually putting it in and it didn't work, it was as though the phone was ignoring any logo and simply using the block letters.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Anyway BigBoss was nice enough to respond to my email and he thinks it's an issue with Customize. I decided to do a restore back to my clean jailbroken firmware and after that I was able to install the logo through Cydia again with no problems. Now that Winterboard is out I have not even bothered to install Customize and everything is working great...I can toggle between themes in Winterboard and the carrier logo stays.

I've also updated to 2.0.1 jailbroken (which wipes everything) and confirmed that the logo installs fine through Cydia on 2.0.1 and I can still toggle themes in Winterboard with no problems.

Winterboard > Customize