+ Reply
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Weather App Icon Problem !

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Anyone know how to change the "Weather.app" icon ? I did try apply theme from Customize 2.0, and also try use SSH direct replace icon inside the app. and reboot
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Weather App Icon Problem !
    Anyone know how to change the "Weather.app" icon ? I did try apply theme from Customize 2.0, and also try use SSH direct replace icon inside the app. and reboot few times already still remain unchange ! Pls Help

  2. #2
    Green Apple jcisthebest2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London - UK
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    i know on 1.1.2-1.1.4 there is a weather icon fix on installer. not too sure about 2.0 i spose its just the same so whatever the weather icon fix does thats what you would need to do.

    EDIT:

    Just found this looking through all my old posts. You can give it a go but this is only tested on 1.1.2 - 1.1.4 MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE

    1. SSH your iphone and go to /Application/Weather.app/
    2. copy Info.plist to your desktop
    3. go to this link Binary to XML converter
    4. Click browes on their website and locate your info.plist
    5. Click convert and save your file
    6. Open the converted info.plist in notepad
    7. locate and delete SBIconClass SBWeatherApplicationIcon
    8. paste back the info.plist in your /Application/Weather.app/ folder

    Again this has only been tested on 1.1.2 - 1.1.4 so dont ask me if it works or not its just a suggestion.
    Last edited by jcisthebest2000; 07-30-2008 at 03:27 PM.

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ahaha I tried editing mine and messed up my info.plist and broke my weather.app !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    so I did a quick search and someone did the samething long ago and another poster , attached his working weather.app info.plist so I downloaded it and installed it crossing my fingers that weather would come back. Not only did it come back now it is displaying my new image !!!!!!!!!! woot woot

    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...nfo-plist.html

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jcisthebest2000 View Post
    i know on 1.1.2-1.1.4 there is a weather icon fix on installer. not too sure about 2.0 i spose its just the same so whatever the weather icon fix does thats what you would need to do.

    EDIT:

    Just found this looking through all my old posts. You can give it a go but this is only tested on 1.1.2 - 1.1.4 MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE

    1. SSH your iphone and go to /Application/Weather.app/
    2. copy Info.plist to your desktop
    3. go to this link Binary to XML converter
    4. Click browes on their website and locate your info.plist
    5. Click convert and save your file
    6. Open the converted info.plist in notepad
    7. locate and delete SBIconClass SBWeatherApplicationIcon
    8. paste back the info.plist in your /Application/Weather.app/ folder

    Again this has only been tested on 1.1.2 - 1.1.4 so dont ask me if it works or not its just a suggestion.
    Thanks for your great info and confirm it work on my 3G !

  5. #5
    Green Apple jcisthebest2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London - UK
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    No worries glad to see it still works. I shall be using that when i finally get round to putting some themes on.

  6. #6
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default help
    i tried this method and it gives me an error when opening it in notepad
    1217600054: XML parser error:
    Unexpected character b at line 1
    Old-style plist parser error:
    Unexpected ';' or '=' after key at line 1

    Content-type: text/html

    <h1>Software error:</h1>
    <pre>plutil returned an error: 256
    </pre>
    <p>
    For help, please send mail to the webmaster (<a href="mailto:fil_at_indiana_dot_edu">fil_at_indian a_dot_edu</a>), giving this error message
    and the time and date of the error.

    </p>



    i think its something to do with when i changed the info.plist myself by adding "icon" to a line in winscp and now my icon has dissappeared

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Wow... talk about over complicating things...

    Just name your icon SBWeatherCelsius.png (or the equivalent for Fahrenheit) and upload it to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app

    Worked perfectly for me.

    EDIT: Forgot to mention that this way will ONLY change the icon on the springboard. If you are using gLauncher or AppFlow (or something like that) you should also change the icon using something like Springroll, calling the file Weather.png.

    Here's a screenshop of my custom Weather app icon in action...

    Last edited by PeterToo; 08-01-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Typo, Accidental double post

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PeterToo For This Useful Post:

    szs2612 (08-03-2008)

  9. #8
    What's Jailbreak? fastcharlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterToo View Post
    Wow... talk about over complicating things...

    Just name your icon SBWeatherCelsius.png (or the equivalent for Fahrenheit) and upload it to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app

    Worked perfectly for me.
    Excellent tip, thanks a lot!

  10. #9
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    can someone please post their iphone 3g 2.0 weather.app plist because mine seems to have broken

  11. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by szs2612 View Post
    can someone please post their iphone 3g 2.0 weather.app plist because mine seems to have broken
    Here ya go...

    weatherplist.zip

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to fiugzel For This Useful Post:

    szs2612 (08-03-2008)

  13. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    ok sorted the problem by replacing plist using the one above and trying to change the icon afterward
    Last edited by szs2612; 08-03-2008 at 02:33 PM.

  14. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Now, does this change the spring board weather icon from the usual sunny icon to whatever the weather is like in your area or does this just change the icon inside the weather app to whatever the weather is doing in the area you've selected?

  15. #13
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    It changes what the weather icon looks like on the home screen whenever I change the theme in customize or winterboard

  16. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    I can't seem to get mine to change, now i've deleted the plist for 2G 1.14.

    The converted file can only be saved as Txt.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts