+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change the weather.app icon on FW 2.0?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How to change the weather.app icon on FW 2.0?
    Hello!

I replaced the icon.png in /Applications/Weather.app/icon.png but the icon won´t change after a reboot.

All other icons are I replaced are working fine.
    Any suggestions, why the weather icon won´t change?

Best wishes, Birke

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It works fine to me! File corruption maybe? Double check your .png if its viewable.

Btw, did you manage to change the background behind icons? Please share! Thanks in advance!!
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

Green Apple
    Thanks

It doesn´t work for me.

Tried over 10 different icons which works in other apps fine, but weather.app keep still the ugly sun icon. Made soft reset, hard reset, reboot ... But the icon from waether.app ist still the original.

I deleted the icon.png in the weather.app now but it is still visible!
    Last edited by Birke; 07-25-2008 at 09:34 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yah, worked for me just like any other icon, that sucks, maybe try changing permissions on it or something, it is def icon.png, as for using backgrounds, not until summerboard comes out or an equivlant to it. I hear it is very difficult to change the backgrounds manually, a trick though to adding backgrounds is what we used to do when the phone first came out. you can add a icon to the demo app and make it 320x480 and have cut outs for all the icons and put demo app in the bottom right corner and it will look like there is a background