+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What to do with an .IPB File?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hopefully this question will be answered soon. What do I do, after I use iPhone skinner and download the .ipb.zip file to my desktop? I know a guide is currently
    iPhone? More like MyPhone f00fighters's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What to do with an .IPB File?
    Hopefully this question will be answered soon. What do I do, after I use iPhone skinner and download the .ipb.zip file to my desktop? I know a guide is currently being created but if anyone wants to post the step by step process starting from "after" iPhone skinner has created the .ipb file- then be my guest!

as queer and brown nosing as this sounds, I cannot be more thankful for such a cool f*ing program. iSkinner rocks.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

You use the .ipb file with the InstalliPB script created by timblade. We're trying to get ahold of him as well to get some updates to the installiPB script.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

f00fighters (08-17-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f00fighters View Post
    Hopefully this question will be answered soon. What do I do, after I use iPhone skinner and download the .ipb.zip file to my desktop? I know a guide is currently being created but if anyone wants to post the step by step process starting from "after" iPhone skinner has created the .ipb file- then be my guest!

as queer and brown nosing as this sounds, I cannot be more thankful for such a cool f*ing program. iSkinner rocks.
    OK here's a quick run down of how to install them.

NOTE: PC users must first install activePerl. Its free and you can get it here: http://www.activestate.com/store/pro...5-08d58c2648ca

NOTE: Your phone must be connected to your computer and be free from jail. Before running the script.

Step 1:
    Download installipb.pl script from here: http://modmyi.com/forums/attachment....9&d=1186107000
    Unzip and place it in phonedmg

Step 2:
    Unzip anytheme.ipb.zip files to this directory phonedmg/iPhoneBundles/
    So the complete filename would be phonedmg/iPhoneBundles/anytheme.ipb

Step 3:
    From command prompt browse to phonedmg

cd phonedmg usually does the trick

Step 4:
    Run installipb.pl by typing the following and replacing anytheme with the folder name of your theme:

OSX
    ./installipb.pl anytheme

Windows (I don't use it but i think this works)
    installipb.pl anytheme

note to use a varient (different version of theme) use the following substitution:
    ./installipb.pl -a VarientName

And to list other settings etc just run the script with no theme name after it.
    Hope this helps.

In order not to lose syncing ability you must use iPhoneInterface to putfile Services.plist into system/library/lockdown

The official guide will be better i'm sure
    Last edited by bluewoodboarder; 08-17-2007 at 09:06 AM. Reason: bolded some things, and added note to jailbreak phone
    BluewoodBoarder!

8g iPhone, 2 GHz Core Duo (black) MacBook w/ 2gigs of ram..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bluewoodboarder For This Useful Post:

f00fighters (08-17-2007)

Thanks

lemme get this straight.

i make the phonedmg/iphonebundle/ directory under my username. I copy the installipbl file and that iphoneinterface/jailbreak combo into the same directory, as well as the ipb theme file. now what? do I plug in my phone at this point? i'm confused! I executed those commands in terminal

./installipb.pl tiger.ipb

and it did something, but I didn't know when to put my phone on, or what to do at that point.

p.s. I'm using a Mac

Also, let me get another thing straight, is an .ipl file ... really just a folder comprised of subfolders where the image files are?
    Last edited by f00fighters; 08-16-2007 at 09:19 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get a "Could Not Enable SSL" error. Can someone help me out?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Hope this helps
    lemme get this straight.

i make the phonedmg/iphonebundle/ directory under my username. I copy the installipbl file and that iphoneinterface/jailbreak combo into the same directory, as well as the ipb theme file. now what? do I plug in my phone at this point? i'm confused! I executed those commands in terminal

./installipb.pl tiger.ipb

and it did something, but I didn't know when to put my phone on, or what to do at that point.

p.s. I'm using a Mac

Also, let me get another thing straight, is an .ipl file ... really just a folder comprised of subfolders where the image files are?
    OK only the unzipped anytheme.ipb folder/files go into the iphonebundle directory. keep jailbreak and iphoneinterface in phonedmg.

Also place installipb.pl inside phone dmg.

Phone must be free from jail before running script.
    Phone must be plugged in before running script.

There are no .ipl files to my knowledge.(You prollly just had a typo)
    An .ipb is really just a folder comprised of a bunch of subfolders. Once you drill down into it, it mirrors the iPhone filesystem.

Hope that helps! If not let me know

Quote Originally Posted by kfernandes29 View Post
    I get a "Could Not Enable SSL" error. Can someone help me out?
    Are you on a mac or windows?

Have you jailbreaked your phone?

Was it plugged in?

Have you installed other mods?
    Last edited by bluewoodboarder; 08-16-2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    BluewoodBoarder!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bluewoodboarder For This Useful Post:

f00fighters (08-17-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im using XP and only mods I've done are Jailbreak, SSH and NES.

**EDIT**

After a restore and upgrade to 1.0.1 it works.
    Last edited by kfernandes29; 08-16-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks

lame, this is the error i'm getting from jail break

"Waiting for iPhone to finish booting...
    Moving files into place...
    Problem with Ditto: 6

Sorry, apparently things just didn't work out.
    Look on the bright side, if jail was that good for Paris maybe you should give it a second chance. "

then my phone f-ed up, and I had to wipe it clean, but jailbreak continues to give me the same error. I checked activity monitor, itunes isn't open at all. am I missing something?
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 08-17-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: language

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

****, this is the error i'm getting from jail break

"Waiting for iPhone to finish booting...
    Moving files into place...
    Problem with Ditto: 6

Sorry, apparently things just didn't work out.
    Look on the bright side, if jail was that good for Paris maybe you should give it a second chance. "

then my phone f-ed up, and I had to wipe it clean, but jailbreak continues to give me the same error. I checked activity monitor, itunes isn't open at all. am I missing something?
    I had the same problem, heres what I did:

Restore your iPhone...Restart your computer after you restore...Then run JailBreak. It should work then.

I am having a problem doing this. Here is a screenshot of what is happening. If anyone can help, please let me know. I also included a screenshot of what my phonedmg folder looks like. What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What to do with an .IPB File?-cmd-.ibp-problem.jpg   What to do with an .IPB File?-phonedmg-folder.jpg  
    Last edited by unknownentry; 08-16-2007 at 09:52 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amalone87 View Post
    I had the same problem, heres what I did:

Restore your iPhone...Restart your computer after you restore...Then run JailBreak. It should work then.

I am having a problem doing this. Here is a screenshot of what is happening. If anyone can help, please let me know. I also included a screenshot of what my phonedmg folder looks like. What am I doing wrong?
    What firmware is your iphone running? You might try updating your firmware to 1.0.1 if it already is try this command:

installipb.pl -o 1.0.1 MMi

PS Inside your MMi.ipb folder what is the first folder? 1.0 or 1.0.1? if it is 1.0.1 you could also try renaming it to 1.0 and running the command you were using before.

Let us know if it works
    BluewoodBoarder!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bluewoodboarder For This Useful Post:

f00fighters (08-17-2007)

Thanks

i got it all to work now, jailbreak & the installipb script, the only thing is, the themes comes out all f-ed up, and the txt is all over the place. so i'm going to have to wait for the next revision of iskinner. The other problem i'm having is, right after i ran jailbreak, and did the script, I exited jailbreak, I powered off my phone, and turned it back on, and removed it from the cradle. i saw my newly f-ed up theme, and when i put my phone back in the cradle and loaded itunes, - Itunes would tell me I have to restore the phone, either from a backup or make it like it's new. Any clues as to wtf happened? did i miss a step? so basically everytime i've successfully used jailbreak and installipb script, eventhough the theme doesn't come out right, i'm having to restore my phone everytime afterwards if I try to sync it with itunes.

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

I got it to work, but I am having the dame problem with them theme being messed up. I have checked everything including DisplayOrder.

My problem before was that I had a MMi.ipb folder, like I should and then inside it was another MMi.ipb folder with all the theme stuff in it. All I did was Cut & Paste it in iPhone Bundles.

Now that I got it half working...I can now go back to work. I will fool with all of this tonight or this weekend.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here. The themes generated with iskinner come out all outta whack I'm using the paperCRONS theme now though. Icons are done very nicely.

i got it all to work now, jailbreak & the installipb script, the only thing is, the themes comes out all f-ed up, and the txt is all over the place. so i'm going to have to wait for the next revision of iskinner. The other problem i'm having is, right after i ran jailbreak, and did the script, I exited jailbreak, I powered off my phone, and turned it back on, and removed it from the cradle. i saw my newly f-ed up theme, and when i put my phone back in the cradle and loaded itunes, - Itunes would tell me I have to restore the phone, either from a backup or make it like it's new. Any clues as to wtf happened? did i miss a step? so basically everytime i've successfully used jailbreak and installipb script, eventhough the theme doesn't come out right, i'm having to restore my phone everytime afterwards if I try to sync it with itunes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You need to use iPhoneInterface to putfile Services.plist to not loose sync ability.
    BluewoodBoarder!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bluewoodboarder For This Useful Post:

f00fighters (08-17-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Themes are screwed up
    The themes ars all screwed up after you run the script. I got the same problem you guys got. I ran it twice with different themes but got them same results.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnson12 View Post
    The themes ars all screwed up after you run the script. I got the same problem you guys got. I ran it twice with different themes but got them same results.
    This should be resolved very soon, they had some versioning issues with imagemagick on the server.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnson12 View Post
    This has been fixed now. Just build the skin again.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:

f00fighters (08-17-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoodboarder View Post
    You need to use iPhoneInterface to putfile Services.plist to not loose sync ability.
    oh- so after I run jailbreak, and the installipb script, I should do a

./iphoneinterface

script? I can't remember the exact file name, because I'm at work on a windows machine. Because I thought that iPhoneinterface program runs automatically when you use the ./installipb.pl script. I'm confused Now I sound like a tard.

Developer
    Thanks

oh- so after I run jailbreak, and the installipb script, I should do a

./iphoneinterface

script? I can't remember the exact file name, because I'm at work on a windows machine. Because I thought that iPhoneinterface program runs automatically when you use the ./installipb.pl script. I'm confused Now I sound like a tard.
    It seems like on a mac you have to copy Services.plist over. I've never had to do this myself, but I remember there was talk at one time of having a flag on installipb to automagically do this as well. I'm not sure what came of it though. So currently it appears that you will need to install the skin via installipb and then copy the Services.plist back to your phone with iphoneinterface.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knobby View Post
    It seems like on a mac you have to copy Services.plist over. I've never had to do this myself, but I remember there was talk at one time of having a flag on installipb to automagically do this as well. I'm not sure what came of it though. So currently it appears that you will need to install the skin via installipb and then copy the Services.plist back to your phone with iphoneinterface.
    Yes there was talk of a flag to automatically add the services .plist file but so far it hasn't been added. For a while I included it within the ipb but this turned out to cause problems because it would not be the last thing uploaded and everything after it would not transfer.

The script does run iPhone Interface but does not automatically upload services.plist

This is sometimes helpful because you don't need to re jailbreak if you aren't sure if you like the theme.
    BluewoodBoarder!