Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: +++ RELEASE! ModMyI iPhone Skinner +++

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default +++ RELEASE! ModMyI iPhone Skinner +++
    Ladies and gentleman, we are finally on the new server, which means, without further adieu. I'd like to go live with our latest project, the iPhone Skinner.

The app allows you to upload a background, icons, and a dock to the workspace, and simply drag them onto the iPhone demo on the screen. You can also drag and drop the Display Order directly from the app.

We have a few features and tweaks we will be adding, as well as getting ya'll a guide on how to use it, etc.

Basically, this creates an .ipb file, which can be put on your iPhone using InstallIPB by timblade. See this thread for more info.

Make sure you have your icons and your display order matched up. Again, I will have a full guide up tonight or tomorrow on how to use this properly and how to install .ipb files.

I know, I know, where is the link?

http://modmyi.com/iphone_skinner/

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Oh yeah forgot to mention.

This is a free trial, depending on system resource uses this may or may not continue to be a free service and might be moved into a monthly/yearly subscription service for the site. We will monitor the resources this takes and keep it free for as long as possible.

Any way to add different icons so they get that circle effect?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Click Choose File on the top. The whole point is to upload your own images.

*tearing at the eye. This is the coolest thing. Ever.

tried to install icon set, installed every file in the zip folder and the top 3 rows had 0 icons, and the background was fubared, anyone else encounter any problems?
    Hit Thanks!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Had a bad version of ImageMagick installed on the server, updating tomorrow. Anyone who has those bg issues, sorry, we're fixing.

Sweet rip off dude. Thanks for the link to our site that has been up for over a week doing this already. Your a class act. There are members on here that can vouch for messages I have been sending out regarding use of icon sets. This is some sweet Microsoft style ripping off.
    Last edited by drinkingmymilk; 08-17-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    Sweet rip off dude. Thanks for the link to our site that has been up for over a week doing this already. Your a class act. There are members on here that can vouch for message I have been sending out regarding use of icon sets. This is some sweet Microsoft style ripping off.
    Check your PM, so you can provide me proof of this.

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    Check your PM, so you can provide me proof of this.
    replied.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

replied back

Thanks

Default can only upload one file
    I'm only able to upload one file now. After the file is uploaded and displayed with the icons any other uploads dont do anything after i browse and select the file.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm using firefox and OSX

Its working now. rock.
    Last edited by rayFinkle; 08-18-2007 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

I have updated the skin creator to include many more applications. These are based off the latest version and most of them were installed with installer.app. If there is an app you'd like me at add to the app just post the app name (on the iphone) along with its display identifier.

What about making icon text transparent instead of having that black background. Otherwise great app

Thanks

Default iPhone skinner is not working for me
    I originally created a skin using it and than tried to upload it and the only ones that worked were the docked icons at the bottom, but i saw you updated it, so i recreated the skin again, uploading my own background image only and using the rest of the icons you had on the skinner page, plus added Nintendo, lights off (with the tictactoe icon since no lights off icon) and voice recorder but every time i click on "create skin" button, it gives me an error immediately saying "unable to create skin"???
    Any ideas??

thanks,
    Andy

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

looking into it now

Alright I see, our script doesnt like a spaces in application names. until that is worked out you may have to go into your ipb file and put a space in LightsOff.app making it Lights Off.app for it to install correctly on your phone (depending on your version of LightsOff) Our skinner will create the appropriate images again though
    Last edited by Cody Overcash; 08-20-2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost