+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carrier logo/text in 2.0?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
So, I upgraded my first gen iphone to 2.0 and pwned last night. All is well except one slight annoyance. My carrier logo now just says "Ipod". I previously had
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Carrier logo/text in 2.0?
    So, I upgraded my first gen iphone to 2.0 and pwned last night. All is well except one slight annoyance. My carrier logo now just says "Ipod". I previously had 1.1.4 jailbroken with MakeItMine and a custom carrier logo. Apparently, restoring from my old backup carried something over that left the carrier text saying "Ipod". Would anyone happen to know where this text may be found in the file structure that I can change it to just show the AT&T logo until MakeItMine or BossPrefs are ported to 2.0?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wongster360's Avatar
    Thanks

With the 2.0 update they moved the location of the carrier logo images. Assuming you know how to SSH into your phone, you'll find that each carrier now has it's own directory for it's carrier images. You'll find them at

/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/

You'll find a bunch of numbered directories but if you scroll down you'll find carrier directories. Open up the appropriate directory for your carrier and replace the

Default_Carrier_your carrier.png AND the
    FSO_Carrier_your carrier.png

files with your own. (Backup the originals first)

restart your springboard and you should be in business

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, I found those already and tried. I actually just changed the logo back to the original AT&T to start with and it's not working. Still showing "Ipod". I think MiM must have changed a setting in a plist file somewhere, but I have no clue where to look.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, I have got it to change, but it only took me 1 and 1/2 hours to figure it out. The following steps only work on Mac and AT&T. If you don't have AT&T replace AT&T with your carrier.
    1. Make the new images in Photoshop (although I used Pixelmator).
    2. Export the images to PNGs.
    3. Open the image in Preview, and make sure the default opening Program is Preview. (Important)
    4. The names have to be exact, even capitalization, they are Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png
    5. The default image is when the backround will be white, and the FSO is when the backround will be black.
    6. Navigate to /System/Library/Carrier_Bundles/ATT_US/ and backup the original files.
    7. Replace Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png in ATT_US with the ones you made.
    8. If everything was done right, when you restart your iPhone, you should have a custom logo.

Result:
    Last edited by Numberzz; 07-22-2008 at 01:52 PM.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

jabbawalkee (07-23-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Numberzz,

As I said above, that's exactly what I've done and it's not working. I even tried restoring the original AT&T logos from backup and it does not change from saying "Ipod". I'm still digging through all the plist files to see if there's a setting somewhere that tells it which carrier logo to use. It has something to do with the settings that MakeItMine changed back on 1.1.4 before I upgraded. Very annoying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Make It Mine has been ported to 2.0
    changed the carrier name just now =D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sweet. Problem solved. Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    Actually, I have got it to change, but it only took me 1 and 1/2 hours to figure it out. The following steps only work on Mac and AT&T. If you don't have AT&T replace AT&T with your carrier.
    3. Open the image in Preview, and make sure the default opening Program is Preview. (Important)
    4. The names have to be exact, even capitalization, they are Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png
    5. The default image is when the backround will be white, and the FSO is when the backround will be black.
    6. Navigate to /System/Library/Carrier_Bundles/ATT_US/ and backup the original files.
    7. Replace Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png in ATT_US with the ones you made.
    8. If everything was done right, when you restart your iPhone, you should have a custom logo.

Result:
    1) How did you get insomnia on 2.0? :edit: jk, i need to check cydia more often
    2) Could you post a link to your remote icon?
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 07-22-2008 at 07:52 PM.
    iLive an iLife

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post

Result:
    Mad Props to you Numberzz...you helped me with putting a new carrier logo in my iPhone 3g fw 2.0, newly pwned. It looks amazing, I like it...first time changing the logo but I've had experience with other customizations. Attached it so people could see. Your post helped a lot so thanks man!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carrier logo/text in 2.0?-myphone.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nhbfan View Post
    Sweet. Problem solved. Thanks!
    Ho exactly did you solve ur problem? ive got the same one, upgraded from 1.1.4 to 2.0 and had previously used mim. I was stuck with Ipod untill i saw the mim had been ported but im still stumped on how to change it from txt to an image. Customize doesnt change it all.

Have you been able to change the image or just use mim to change the txt?

Thanks

Hello

I got a question : What will happen and which logo icon will it show when i go to an other country. Normaly it choose different operators and when i look in the bundels all operators are not listed, how to put my icon for everyone so that no matter what operater it show my icon ?

thanks
    Last edited by netuser; 08-09-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: question changed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    Hello

I got a question : What will happen and which logo icon will it show when i go to an other country. Normaly it choose different operators and when i look in the bundels all operators are not listed, how to put my icon for everyone so that no matter what operater it show my icon ?

thanks
    bump