Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Skining 2.0 w/o SummerBoard Expert Help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Skining 2.0 w/o SummerBoard Expert Help
    I have recently pwned my Gen 1 iPhone with FW 2.0, and other that a few apps that I can wait for, something that is missing is customization/themes.

So I started trolling through the file system with SSH, and have changed my Dock, all of my App Icons (im leaving AppStore icons untouched), and the Lock Screen and Home Screen statusBar background.

Two problems I have run into are:

1 - Where did/does Customize and Summerboard store the wallpaper so I can get rid of the boring black background on the home screen.

2- Where did all of the images in the "TelephonyUI framework" folder go to?? I would like to change the slider background on the lock screen.

Now something I haven't checked yet is how much Other.artwork has changed, to see if anything has been added there that I am missing. But I know that the home screen wallpaper cannot be there.

Any help would be great! Lets get our phones customized the old fashioned way by digging and digging!

I noticed that when I changed my dialer pad, the files were still in the same folder but they were renamed. Check that first. Look for files that have about the same name then check them with fixpngdroplet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I found the /TelephonyUI.framework/ folder, it is in:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/

I would still like to know where/how to put a wallpaper for the home screen without Summerboard or Customize (since both currently do not work in 2.0)

what files do I have to change to change the docks, status bars and icons? And can I dowload any pre-made ones?

Locations should be similar to the original iphone locations, with some changes, but start here:

Iphone images descriptions and locations - ModMyI - Wiki

Hey i need a backup of these two files from firmware 2.0

/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Keyboard-Latin.artwork
    and
    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Keyboard-Common.artwork

please somebody send them to me at mrshibby[at]gmx.net

did anybody find out where the homescreen background file goes because this plane black background is getting boring lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hotsammysliz For This Useful Post:

WhateversClever (07-23-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by hotsammysliz View Post
    did anybody find out where the homescreen background file goes because this plane black background is getting boring lol

There isn't a background image on the iPhone Home Screen. It's just black or "nothing" if you will.

I have been trying to figure out a way to do my own. I tried incorporating my desired BG image into my Dock image, but that didn't seem to work. It just squished the entire picture into the space the Dock is supposed to go! haha!

FYI what I did was created my desired BG and Dock combo image and saved it as the following names: SBDockBG.png and again as SBDockBG2.png
    and then of course placed it in the proper location. I have read somewhere that the only necessary image for the dock is the #2 one, but not sure if that is true or not.

If anyone has gotten this Dock/BG Combo image to work please explain the steps you took to achieve this. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, did you open/extract the pngs from Other.artwork? If so can I ask how you did this as I have tried Artworker and iPhoneShop-0.6 and neither are able to open the file.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshibby View Post
    Hey i need a backup of these two files from firmware 2.0

/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Keyboard-Latin.artwork
    and
    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Keyboard-Common.artwork

please somebody send them to me at mrshibby[at]gmx.net
    I emailed you both the files. Let me know on here if you got them or not

Quote Originally Posted by SharkySharky View Post
    There isn't a background image on the iPhone Home Screen. It's just black or "nothing" if you will.

I have been trying to figure out a way to do my own. I tried incorporating my desired BG image into my Dock image, but that didn't seem to work. It just squished the entire picture into the space the Dock is supposed to go! haha!

FYI what I did was created my desired BG and Dock combo image and saved it as the following names: SBDockBG.png and again as SBDockBG2.png
    and then of course placed it in the proper location. I have read somewhere that the only necessary image for the dock is the #2 one, but not sure if that is true or not.

If anyone has gotten this Dock/BG Combo image to work please explain the steps you took to achieve this. Thanks!
    i haven't been able to do the combo but to change the doc icon i only changed the SBDockGB.png and it changed,

with the wallpaper it we can find the .plist or what ever file it is that controls the wallpaper then maybe be able to edit it and set the wallpaper.

does any one know what file the summerboard app edited to show the custom wallpaper instead of the theme wallpaper?

Banned
    Thanks

Wallpaper????

if that screen shot is firmware 2.0 how did you get a background image?

Banned
    Thanks

is that screen shot of firmware 2.0? and how did you set the wallpaper?

Banned
    Thanks

yes it is on firmware 2.0
    it will be released tomorrow i did not have any time today

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay when is this gonna' be released?? It's tomorrow already!!
    If someone helped you, hit their THANKS button.

This is the same solution that everyone else has provided - so don't get excited. However, I've been looking through the source of freeboard and am hoping to try to get an implementation of it on the 2.0 firmware, so unless Kate or Summerboard gets released first, we'll at least have something decent shortly. But I'm not making any ridiculous promises like 'tomorrow.' Sorry, by tomorrow, I mean, three days from now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

whenever you get it done, let us know!! Cuase the prior solution is the same as before.
    If someone helped you, hit their THANKS button.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast