Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding the dock thing?

Default Modding the dock thing?
    Ive figured out how to change the icons in the main screen, but how do you change the dock icons (i.e. ipod, safari, mail, and phone) and make the color match? or make them clear so that the grey of the dock shows through.
    thanks
    -Eric

To change the icons on the dock just upload an icon.png in that apps folder just like any other icons. I'm not sure what you mean by matching the colors. To make the dock show through you need to drop the opacity in photoshop.
    BluewoodBoarder!

8g iPhone, 2 GHz Core Duo (black) MacBook w/ 2gigs of ram..

other then the apps the dock pngs are in the springboard.app directory.

Ive been able to upload icons via ifuntastic to the dock and to the widget area. In the widget area ifuntastic works great because i can choose black as the background color. Since i set up the widget icons in photoshop with a transparent background it works great. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way on the dock. Im trying to achieve a look similar to this:

Unfortunately what I get is a cool icon with a black or , some other color background laying on top of the gray dock. Do you just upload a new dock to the iphone with images already embedded in it?

-Eric
    Last edited by EKRISPIN; 08-16-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Could do that. iFuntastic is kinda a lame way to put on icons.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews