Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Final Step for Custom Dialer - Confused About CMD Input - Help Please.

Talking Final Step for Custom Dialer - Confused About CMD Input - Help Please.
    Hey. I made a dialer I'd like to release asap (for you guys :P!) but am having troubles with the Windows cmd input. I followed the guide on MMi but >to me< it's tailored more to Mac users than it is Windows. I have all my dialer PNGs ready in the PNG folder (within the artwork folder), the iPhoneShop-0.6 jar file there as well. Just need to pack the new MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file.

If someone could give me the exact input to enter in cmd, I'll have this dialer up for you guys in minutes. The 'artwork' folder is located on my Desktop as with the tutorial's.

Oh, and people have offered to do it for me (and I appreciate that very much!), however, I'd like to learn myself so I can do for future releases as well. So, please provide input commands rather than (very kindly!) offer to do it yourself

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance!

Kyle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to likkuid For This Useful Post:

Reako (01-04-2008)

Here, I'll make a quick tutorial on how I do it with windows.

First create a folder labeled "artwork". Within the "artwork" folder create a "pngs" folder. Then place the all the png's into that folder and make sure they are labeled correctly. (Unpackage a stock MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file to be certain). Now place the artwork folder into Documents and Settings.

Next you need to cmd to that folder. Open Run, type cmd into and press enter. This should automatically place you into CDocuments and Settings\"Username".
    Now type "cd CDocuments and Settings\artwork" and you should be inside the artwork file in your cmd.

Next type in exactly as follows, "java -jar iPhoneShop-0.6.jar ARTWORK MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork export ./pngs/". (Make sure to note the spaces between some areas, they are needed). After all this is finished, the new .artwork file should be located in the pngs folder within the artwork folder.

Reako
    Last edited by Reako; 01-04-2008 at 10:10 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

likkuid (01-04-2008)

Yes!! I LOVE YOU REAKO!

NO problem. I would still love for you to post a light blue dialer without the writing!

Reako