+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can a jailbroken 1.1.2 look stock?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hey! I have an iPhone with some dead pixels and a crackling ear-speaker. I'm using it jailbroken with a StealthSIM, but I also have an AT&T paygo SIM for when
    Thanks

Default Can a jailbroken 1.1.2 look stock?
    Hey!

I have an iPhone with some dead pixels and a crackling ear-speaker. I'm using it jailbroken with a StealthSIM, but I also have an AT&T paygo SIM for when I'm in the US.

I'm going to pop by an Apple Store while in the US next weekend, and I was going to see if I could swap for a new phone.

My question is this: is there a way to delete Installer.app and move the iTunes icon back over to the right so it will appear the phone was legitimately activated? Otherwise I'm afraid they won't give me warranty service.

(I know I can delete installer.app via SSH or iBrickr, but what about moving the iTunes icon back to the right?)

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

just do the restore and everything will be wiped out
     Think Different

Thanks

I would, but my iPhone has never been activated through iTunes - I am using PayGo AT&T, which won't activate, so I did a jailbreak/activation. I am SURE the Apple Store won't warranty an unactivated phone...

Thanks

How did you get the itunes icon out of the bottom right to begin with? Mine's jailbroken and it hasn't ever moved.

Have you edited your .plist files to change the order? or possibly installed something that rearranges your home screen?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sindern View Post
    How did you get the itunes icon out of the bottom right to begin with? Mine's jailbroken and it hasn't ever moved.

Have you edited your .plist files to change the order? or possibly installed something that rearranges your home screen?
    If there's one icon on a row, it always sits on the right, if there's two or more icons then they start from the left
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Just tell them u got fone w dead pix. and that u did not want to activate it....try few stores and let us know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sindern View Post

Hmm, how did you get to jailbroken 1.1.2? I did the 1.1.1 -> OKToPrep -> 1.1.2 -> jailbreak.jar. Did you use something else??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dalton voss View Post
    Hmm, how did you get to jailbroken 1.1.2? I did the 1.1.1 -> OKToPrep -> 1.1.2 -> jailbreak.jar. Did you use something else??
    yeah that's the way I did it. For some reason I was thinking that his iPod icon had moved up with the other icons and wasn't at bottom right anymore. ^_^

I was really sleepy when I posted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    If there's one icon on a row, it always sits on the right, if there's two or more icons then they start from the left
    If you delete the installer.app wont there will only be one icon, the iTunes icon. Then it should sit on the right side of the screen right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stewkat View Post
    If you delete the installer.app wont there will only be one icon, the iTunes icon. Then it should sit on the right side of the screen right?
    Ohhhh! I didn't know that. I thought if I deleted the Installer.app the iTunes icon would be on the left-hand side. I will delete it with Independence and report back!

Thanks, and my apologies...

Thanks

Dude, just restore it. I agree w/ DVB+... Tell them that you didn't want to proceed for fear of surrendering warranty.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix