Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icons, but seriously...

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Icons, but seriously...
    I was wondering if some one knows how to change the icons on the Settings menu. One can change the icon on the springboard for Phone, Mail, Safari, Contacts, iPod, Photos, etc, but when one goes to the Settings menu, the icons are the stock ones (for instance, Phone one is green and plain). So wouldn't be great if one can change them as well? Any one knows about this? Thanks.

Ohh, something else: For some reason I can change avery icon on the springboard EXCEPT the iPod one... I'm not talking summeboard here, just plain replacing them on the iPhone's system. Any help appreciated!

I actually have the same question...I have a bunch of apps installed on my iphone but i cannot seem to access them because i cannot get them to show up on the springboard....help!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh55 View Post
    I actually have the same question...I have a bunch of apps installed on my iphone but i cannot seem to access them because i cannot get them to show up on the springboard....help!!!
    Not quiet my question, but maybe you have them invisible; you can change this on the Customize menu (if you got it) Good Luck!

Really, same question? That sounds nothing like the OP's question.

Are you naming the ipod icon icon.png because that isn't the name of it. It is icon-MediaPlayer. That could be your problem.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasper44 For This Useful Post:

alpawa (01-03-2008)

Thanks

Are you naming the ipod icon icon.png because that isn't the name of it. It is icon-MediaPlayer. That could be your problem.
    Dude, I think that was it! thanks!

Any ideas about the changing of the icons on the settings menu?
    Last edited by alpawa; 01-03-2008 at 12:17 AM.

Some of the icons are in the settings folder. For the ones that aren't, no clue. To be able to edit the icons on a pc download fixpng and on a mac, armadillo's tool which I don't know the name of.

I have the customize app, but apparently i cannot see it...i cannot access it on springboard...any suggestions?

Thanks

Run it from MobileFinder. You can install that from installer.app
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

My problem is that i cannot access istaller on my iphone, but when i search my files with IBrickr...i can see that its there.

Thanks

I have the customize app, but apparently i cannot see it...i cannot access it on springboard...any suggestions?
    Just out of curiosity, what firmware do you have? 'Cause you know that on 1.1.1 and beyond there are sliding sprimboard screens... At the bottom there must be a couple of little dots. Just fick your finger to the left and voilá! there is the other screen with all of your other apps.

Hope this is helpfull.

i have firmware 1.0.2...and i cannot see the hidden apps on the dock. I have an unlocked iphone...if i upgrade would it ruin the unlocked option? and if not then how do i upgrade...normally i would use the installer app, but i cannot access it.

Thanks

i have firmware 1.0.2...and i cannot see the hidden apps on the dock. I have an unlocked iphone...if i upgrade would it ruin the unlocked option? and if not then how do i upgrade...normally i would use the installer app, but i cannot access it.
    I would upgrade. You can search the the forums or the guides to upgrade. First you need to prepare your iPhone for that, meaning repair the baseband. This is explained step by step on the guides. If you don't feel up to it, I would suggest profesional help. You can expect to pay $30-$50 for the service. I DO NOT PROVIDE THAT SEVICE.

VERY IMPORTANT: You have to be sure to have all your info backed up on your computer first!