Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard Dock Help!!!

Default Summerboard Dock Help!!!
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but I searched to no avail.....

I'm trying to figure out how to have a Summerboard theme with NO dock background...I thought if I just deleted the Dock.png file that it would just go away...but when I do this then the standard default dock background shows up...do you have to add a completely transparent dock image?

I've even tried downloading themes that have no dock background, but no luck...the default dock background is still present...I went into customize to see if I could get rid of it...but there was nothing else there to switch to, and there was no delete option....

I could delete it manually, but I don't know where it's located...any ideas???

Brian

u can make the dock that come with your theme transparent!

How do you make it transparent???

But more importantly, when you have a theme that doesn't even include a dock, then WHY is the default dock being used...the default dock file isn't in the summerboard theme folder...so why is it being applied when using a theme with no dock...??? How can you stop this...???

u can download paint.net which is free and get any dock u want open it in paint.net and make it transparent. that's all

Or you can load the Dock.png file into Photoshop and change the opacity to 0... that should make it transparent

Thanks guys...I'll try that...

But I still need to know how to get rid of the "STOCK" dock as I can't apply any theme that doesn't have a dock because the stock dock gets applied...any other ideas???

Brian

Delete SBDockBG2.png from system/library/coreservices/springboard.app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasper44 For This Useful Post:

mgk (08-27-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Delete SBDockBG2.png from system/library/coreservices/springboard.app
    Thank you! After a bunch of trying to learn, I finally was able to make a transparent dock background...which seems to work well...but just getting rid of that file will be great!

Brian

you could've just downloaded DSI:Transparent in Themes (Customize) in installer.app

it has a bunch of transparent/semi-transparent dock images

yo....thanks jasper nice work, that dock image was seriously shitting me