Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I delete the calendar numbers?

Question How do I delete the calendar numbers?
    I am making an icon set and i need a way to make the week day and the number day go away so you just have the icon is there anyway to delete this or mask it?
    (using ifuntastic 2.5)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

You mean so it will never show up on the iPhone?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

So, as you can see I am making a CS3 theme and need the calendar numbers not to display.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-19.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ipawd View Post
    I am making an icon set and i need a way to make the week day and the number day go away so you just have the icon is there anyway to delete this or mask it?
    (using ifuntastic 2.5)
    Just cover it up with the same icon? Like, rather than making holes in your bg where your icons should be, on the second spot [calender spot] put the icon back on.

Just a guess, but if you're replacing the icons with single .png files, try replacing the icon BELOW the calendar icon with a file that will extend upwards and cover the calendar icon. To do this you're gonna have to make sure that the below icon is at the exact center of the image and use photoshop to make everything except the icons transparent, and add a transparent area below the bottom icon. (Hopefully that makes sense.)

From what I've experienced with playing with icons, the top left icon is at the "bottom" and each image going down is "higher", with the top icon of th e next row being "higher" than the bottom icon of the previous row. The reason that the text shows up on the calendar is because the text is set higher than the calendar icon. The one below is higher than the text so replacing that one below and covering up the calendar icon hides the text even though it's still there.

You can use that concept to tweak your desktop in more ways.

Hopefully that made sense.
    Last edited by Sindern; 08-18-2007 at 02:26 AM.