+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Question regarding Skinning

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I've read tutorials and downloaded all the necessary software to modify the icons on my iphone. I jailbreaked my phone and I have ibrickr, and iphoneinterface. I also have icons
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default General Question regarding Skinning
    I've read tutorials and downloaded all the necessary software to modify the icons on my iphone. I jailbreaked my phone and I have ibrickr, and iphoneinterface. I also have icons that I'd like to upload to my phone. Now the guides I'm reading are telling me to use the iphoneinterface software and to place the icons I want to upload into a folder called "phonedmg". I did everything it asked me to and it's not working. How does the iphoneinterface software link to the phonedmg folder? Is the phonedmg folder created from a software that was supposed to be installed? I manually created the folder myself. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks

Yes you are. Make sure to check the date of the guides/posts. The phonedmg isn't really necessary anymore. It was used to jailbreak earlier versions of iPhone firmware but now it's done in one step either online or with one app.

If you want to change icons for the apps on the iPhone, you have to name them icon.png and place them inside the app you want to change the icon for. For instance, if you have a new icon for Safari, you would place it inside MobileSafari.app

You can also use pre-configurable programs like Summerboard, iSwitcher and Customize for changing the look of your iPhone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have a potentially stupid question. I replaced the Safari icon in the MobileSafari.app folder with a firefox icon and it doesn't work. I did rename it icon.png, it is the correct size, it's interlaced, and I deleted the original after backing it up. It still shows the default Safari icon on the dock, but under the Customize reorder menu it shows the firefox icon as the Safari. Everything else I've changed works (through Customize and doing it myself to include replacing stock sounds). I am running 1.1.2 jailbroken but not unlocked. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it!

Nevermind! I was running another theme and put it in the wrong folder! Sorry!
    Last edited by KartRacer; 01-10-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost