Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing Wifi Icon??????

Exclamation Changing Wifi Icon??????
    How in the world to I change the wifi Icon??? The other day I picked out a little image I wanted and I put it into customize and it showed up and it let me select it....But it wouldn't change....is it that I need like 14 of them like for the default wifi icons...or....something else??? please helllp!! Thank You

Actually you need 8 icons

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3dguymwm For This Useful Post:

shegangsta (12-14-2007)

I just tried that and named them like pot-1.png, pot-2.png etc, etc....and the last one was just pot.png.....It's showing up in the customize section but only as one picture...and it still won't change...it just stays the same old boring wifi icon....Hmph am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Use Customize, that's the easiest way.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

well I FTP the pics into customize....and it just won't change to the little picture I want for the wifi....:*(
    ugh...I'll probably just give up...stick with this stupid one...cuz the only one I've found to download is like a rainbow....and my boyfriend wouldn't want that on his Ipod lol...thanks anyways tho....Unless I'm just dumb and misunderstanding....

Thanks

Install some of the Customize themes. Alot of them include replacement WiFi icons. If they work, you're doing something wrong and can use them as a template to what you're doing.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

shegangsta (12-14-2007)

okie dokie...lemme give it a shot and see what happens....I'd really like my own custom one but w/ it's a start...I appreciate it!

actually, the easiest way is to use SSH and navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app, and look for the 8 files ending with 'airport.' put them all on your desktop. now take the desired picture and give it the same name as the first one. Repeat for all 8, then put them back on so they replace the existing ones.

Thanks

Nope, the easiest way is to use Customize. Noobs removing and adding files manually is just asking for problems
    To live, you have to lie

I have customize 2.0 that I installed today...but where do I ssh the files i want? Cuz b4 it wouldn't work I'm on 1.1.4. Also where do people get the green wifi bars? thanks

Make sure you have downloaded SUID Lib from Big Boss's Repo then Customize will work. after then run customize the bars you are looking for may be in there already. If not after you run it you should see all the folders you need to get into to when you ssh. This is how I changed my carrier name and a few other things.

And some years later... I'm interested in this subject. Wonder where are the icons now in iOS 5 for an iPhone 4. Because I searched in /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app but didn't fine any file with "airport" in it.

Thanks in advance.

Default WiFi png file location
    I couldn't find the files ending with "airport" either. I did a search of the entire root drive with iFile and couldn't find them. a friend of mine tried to install a custom wifi indicator (pink bars) but it wouldn't change the indicator. That being said, the custom indicator did in-fact include 8 png files all having a file name that began with the word "default" and then a number and ended with the word "airport". why I can't find any stock files with similar filenames is a head-scratcher.

the files are at / library / themes / then find you icons

or you can do var / stash / themes. (letters and #) / and find your icons
    Last edited by Darkages2; 02-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Negative on both of those locations.
    Inside /var/stash is only 3 folders: Applications, Library, usr. none of those folders contain a folder named "themes"
    what do you mean by (letters and #)?
    I am on iOS 5.0.1 if that makes any difference

im on iOS 5.0.1 also / what i meant by letters and numbers is when you go to var/stash/themes next the the word themes will be letters and numbers / those letters and numbers are like a signature to your phone / mine would be different than yours/ if you have pal i can show you screen shots where to go

weird thing my wifi logo shows up when i turn off wifi then i get the icon / so i guess its shows when your not connected to wifi
    Last edited by Darkages2; 02-15-2012 at 10:49 AM.

ok, I guess you will have that Themes folder if you have Winterboard installed. I was trying to accomplish without winterboard. I have found out that the files I am looking for for the status bar indicators are packed into a file called Shared.artwork