Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK Carrier Logos

Default UK Carrier Logos
    I hope I'm not being too presumptuous but if anyone wants to customise their iphone carrier logos, with their newly found freedom from the SuperSIM or TurboSIM hacks, I've prepared a few of the standard UK operators logo's.

I haven't looked at it, but the Vodafone is already on the iphone, so here are the rest.
    I also haven't been able to check them properly yet as I don't have an operator logo at all on my display yet but that should change in the next few days :-)

P.S.
    I was hoping there was a logo for "No Sim" so I could temporarily substitute it to test but I think thats just text.

I did change the Default_1_Bars.png which displays on my phone with an un-activated SIM to the Orange one and that looked ok except it was truncated to the default size of the signal png's.
    Last edited by healeydave; 08-09-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I cant seem to have anything but the vodafone UK scrolling across in TXT. Ive made a vodafone PNG logo already and copied it over but its not showing.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Wez; 09-10-2007 at 10:27 AM.

Hi Wez,
    It appears the iPhone defaults to using the carrier text it gets from the SIM/Network. There may be a way to force it to use the graphic, instead of the text by hacking the springboard application.

If I find out how, I'll drop you a line in this thread.

Regs
    Dave.

yep, id like to figure out how to get voda uk on there too.
    ive replaced ALL the logos with a voda uk logo and no joy. still scrolls voda txt.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nice one Dave that would be great cheers...

Wez

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Any headway on this one Dave?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Someone has figured out a patch!!! Whoohoo...

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6564