Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uploading SummerBoard Themes Tutorial

Thanks

Default Uploading SummerBoard Themes Tutorial
    IMPORTANT: Make sure you have SummerBoard installed or the tutorial won't make sense. The tutorials are for firmwares 1.02-1.1.1, and 1.1.4. It may or may not work with 1.1.2 and 1.1.3.

There are two tutorials.

This one:

Uploading Themes With iPhoneBrowser.pdf covers 1.02-1.1.1

This one:

SummerBoard 1.1.4 covers 1.1.4 and possible 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. I'm not sure as I went straight to 1.1.4 from 1.1.1. If anyone notices any errors on this one please let me know.

This seems to be a common question, 'How do I upload the themes I downloaded to my phone?' So I made a tutorial for iPhoneBrowser and here's a link for another tutorial I made for iBrickr. LINK FOR IBRICKR TUTORIAL.

These spell out the processes for uploading SummerBoard themes to your phone pretty much step by step. iBrickr and iPhoneBrowser can both be found with a quick Google. The tutorials assume you're using Windows.

If these don't help please buy a different phone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 05-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

absorber1 (08-09-2008), apple4u (05-08-2008), DTFOE3 (03-04-2008), ecoute (03-02-2008), jatatla (02-26-2008), jc12 (03-25-2008), Lord Alucard (04-28-2010), NiceRicer (05-17-2008), nikhil170787 (06-09-2008), Southie (12-24-2007), Tuckman73 (06-23-2008), vacuumsauce (01-28-2010), webspyer (04-06-2008), zoblue (12-14-2007)

Once again awesome job I have used and saved the one for iBrickr when u 1st posted it.

Excellent job bro.....very helpful......should be a sticky in my eyes....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Endodude For This Useful Post:

unleashedbeast (03-03-2008)

Soulthoughts - thanks for the nice tutorial.

one question about the icon's. is there a specific naming convention? how are they referenced?

until now i have been manually changing the icon.png files for all the applications. if it is as simple as creating an Icon's folder in the theme, then i would much prefer that.

does the name of the icon need to match the name of the application folder?

ie - weather.app icon.png would be weather.png in the icon's folder?

If you are using Summerboard, the name of the icon must match the Display name on the Homescreen. Whatever the Display text says under the icon on the homescreen, that's what your icon must be renamed to inside the Icons folder in each Theme folder.

Reako

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

m.clizzle (12-04-2007)

Thanks

Reako is right and I'll add that it is case sensitive. So if you have an icon named 'weather.png' it won't work. It needs to be named 'Weather.png' with a capital W.

Oh and if enough people as to sticky this I'm sure the mods wouldn't mind. It sure would cut down on a lot of uploading themes questions.

STICK STICK STICK. PLEASE! I'm tired of the unneeded threads!

Reako

which program would i use to upload themes onto my phone from a os x? and is there a tutorial for it?

^^^ try FuGu on a mac.

also check www.hacktheiphone.com - there are mac and windows guides there

What's Jailbreak?
    Manila, Philippines (but im in Netherlands now)
    Thanks

great!

Done Thanks for the guide.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

jimsjim (12-22-2007)

I just used ibrickr and it worked ok, but how do modify the battery. Do I need a folder inside of icons called battery or what. I followed the pdf instructions but the only thing that changed was the photo behind the icons, nothing else changed (i was expecting the icons, battery charging icon, slider, and etc to be changed but they were not). Help please and thanks in advance.

Thanks

Default But...
    I am downloading ibrickr, and when I go into itunes, to restore, the option it gives me, is it will restore, and erase all settings, which I know to dissconnect my phone, but,in the same box, it also says it will update it also?? So whenever I plug my phone back in, is it gonna update it? Cuz I don't want that right? I have 1.1.1 unlocked phone. And people have told me before not to update it?? do I go ahead with the download since I am gonna disconnect the phone anyways while it's in the process? Or should i not, because when i do plug it back in, it will update? Helpppppp!!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    I am downloading ibrickr, and when I go into itunes, to restore, the option it gives me, is it will restore, and erase all settings, which I know to dissconnect my phone, but,in the same box, it also says it will update it also?? So whenever I plug my phone back in, is it gonna update it? Cuz I don't want that right? I have 1.1.1 unlocked phone. And people have told me before not to update it?? do I go ahead with the download since I am gonna disconnect the phone anyways while it's in the process? Or should i not, because when i do plug it back in, it will update? Helpppppp!!
    Your question has nothing to do with this sticky. I would post in another forum.

Thanks

Default Really??
    "This seems to be a common question, 'How do I upload the themes I downloaded to my phone?' So I made a tutorial for iPhoneBrowser and here's a link for another tutorial I made for iBrickr. LINK FOR IBRICKR TUTORIAL".

This is where I was sent to post this?? Where do you suggest? This seems to be the correct forum, well, I guess that is why i was sent to this thread???

Thanks

"This seems to be a common question, 'How do I upload the themes I downloaded to my phone?' So I made a tutorial for iPhoneBrowser and here's a link for another tutorial I made for iBrickr. LINK FOR IBRICKR TUTORIAL".

This is where I was sent to post this?? Where do you suggest? This seems to be the correct forum, well, I guess that is why i was sent to this thread???
    In your other post you mention restoring. When you upload a theme you don't need to restore.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (12-19-2007)

Thanks

Default Soulthoughts...
    Soulthoughts will you please help me??? Pleeeeeease, i think i did restore my phone by accident... I was trying to do the whole ibrickr downloading by myself, but, once after extracting the files in itunes, I needed to restore my phone, ok, but, not sure what happened, and my phone has this on the screen a little itunes cd with the note,and the usb cord, like for me to connect to itunes, but, when I do, it does not give me the option to just restore, when I press that, it say restore and update?? I am not supposed to update right?? Wont' that somehow lock my phone or something? People have told me before not to ever updated it?? Ugh!! What do I do, is there another button that lets me JUST restore?? Pleeease someone help me, I don't even wanna finish the process, i just want my phone back to what I had?? Please help me, my phone is just frozen with the little cd and usb picture on the screen? But, if I go in to restore, like i said it says it will restore and update to the latest version of itunes??

Thanks

Soulthoughts will you please help me??? Pleeeeeease, i think i did restore my phone by accident... I was trying to do the whole ibrickr downloading by myself, but, once after extracting the files in itunes, I needed to restore my phone, ok, but, not sure what happened, and my phone has this on the screen a little itunes cd with the note,and the usb cord, like for me to connect to itunes, but, when I do, it does not give me the option to just restore, when I press that, it say restore and update?? I am not supposed to update right?? Wont' that somehow lock my phone or something? People have told me before not to ever updated it?? Ugh!! What do I do, is there another button that lets me JUST restore?? Pleeease someone help me, I don't even wanna finish the process, i just want my phone back to what I had?? Please help me, my phone is just frozen with the little cd and usb picture on the screen? But, if I go in to restore, like i said it says it will restore and update to the latest version of itunes??
    If I could help you I would but I'm not sure what to do in your situation and I hesitate to offer advice because I wouldn't want to screw your phone up even more.

Like I said, post your problem in another forum. I would post in the Jailbreak/Upgrade/Downgrade forum.

great..nice job

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast