Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Keyboard problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Exclamation Keyboard problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    ok I got the aquaota or whatever keyboard off of installer and installed it in customize now my keyboard is black I can't see what I am typing so I tries to change back and now I can't type at all it just crashes what do I do?

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i just did the same thing!!!! please help us! i cant text or search on the web!

  3. #3
    I'm probably not the best one to give advise but I had the same experience and somehow fixed it. First of all, I'm running iPhone software version 1.1.1. I tried to install the keyboard from aqwoah and then I saw most black and my programs that needed to use keyboard closed out or crashed when I opened them (notepad, SMS for example). So...I tried to go back to default and that didn't work either. Then I tried to install the files manually and that didn't work.

    This is what worked:
    On your iphone go to
    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework

    remove
    Keyboard-StandardQUERTY.artwork
    you need to have these two files in there though:
    Keyboard-COMMON.artwork
    Keyboard-LATIN.artwork

    I used the files from AQWOAH and now it's working perfectly.

    Good luck.

  4. #4
    Why didn't you guys open your eyes and read this thread before:

    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18099

    It's a sticky for a reason.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dripps View Post
    I'm probably not the best one to give advise but I had the same experience and somehow fixed it. First of all, I'm running iPhone software version 1.1.1. I tried to install the keyboard from aqwoah and then I saw most black and my programs that needed to use keyboard closed out or crashed when I opened them (notepad, SMS for example). So...I tried to go back to default and that didn't work either. Then I tried to install the files manually and that didn't work.

    This is what worked:
    On your iphone go to
    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework

    remove
    Keyboard-StandardQUERTY.artwork
    you need to have these two files in there though:
    Keyboard-COMMON.artwork
    Keyboard-LATIN.artwork

    I used the files from AQWOAH and now it's working perfectly.

    Good luck.
    thanks but that did not work

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Have you tried to uninstall the Aqwoah dialer from Installer? Or try and install the correct one for your firmware version?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Have you tried to uninstall the Aqwoah dialer from Installer? Or try and install the correct one for your firmware version?
    i tried uninstallin and reinstalling. how do i install the one from my firmware?

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Download this http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1328

    And copy Keyboard-Common.artwork, Keyboard-Latin.artwork and preview keyboard.png to

    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/
    Last edited by redcard; 11-25-2007 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Download this http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1328

    And copy Keyboard-Common.artwork, Keyboard-Latin.artwork and preview keyboard.png to

    /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/
    what program are you using
    im using winSCP it wont let me what should i do
    8GB Apple iPhone

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    What do you mean it won't let you? Have you managed to log in? Do you have BSD Subsystem and Open SSH installed on your phone?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    What do you mean it won't let you? Have you managed to log in? Do you have BSD Subsystem and Open SSH installed on your phone?
    yes and yes its says abnormal program termination and close winSCP
    8GB Apple iPhone

  12. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Remove WinSCP, install it again, reboot your computer

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Remove WinSCP, install it again, reboot your computer
    didnt work bro.

    i changed my protocall and im getting close i have more of the keyboard
    Last edited by msboy2011; 11-25-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    8GB Apple iPhone

  14. #14
    do you have the files i would need to reload it back to the orig keypad?

  15. #15
    goddammit.. i installed that stupid keyboard & now I'm eff'd like the original poster.. now I can't figure out how to get it back to normal.. why the hell aren't these warnings on the damn installer!

  16. #16
    I think this keyboard somehow screwed up my magnifying glass and replaced it with a static image ( look like radar wave some sort).
    Any one has the same problem?

  17. #17
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    569
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 53 Times in 41 Posts

    I did the EXACT same thing before the sticky.

    Searched other boards and the solution is to RESTORE

  18. #18
    try this
    fist u need to uninstall the aqwoah keyboard via uninstall

    then install customize , if u don't have it , go to keypad artwork and apply backup image

    work's for me
    and solve all noise image's in all keyboards pop up

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick4u View Post
    try this
    fist u need to uninstall the aqwoah keyboard via uninstall

    then install customize , if u don't have it , go to keypad artwork and apply backup image

    work's for me
    and solve all noise image's in all keyboards pop up
    I tried to reset in Customize, but sadly:noluck. I think that there is a preference switch some where. I use Ifuntastic to look at the directory and see that all original PNG files for keyboards are still there, just not activated.

    Short of RESTORE, any one has any other idea. I hope the author of the A keyboard can shine some light here, cause he programmed it.

  20. #20
    Hello, my keyboard problem is solved.

    I have the files for 1.1.1. but i dont know how to set it on the internet.


    leon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •