+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Background behind the clock???!!!!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Does anyone know - how to get rid of this annoying dark line behind the clock. Thank you in advance.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Background behind the clock???!!!!
    Does anyone know - how to get rid of this annoying dark line behind the clock. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Background behind the clock???!!!!-photo2.jpg  
    Last edited by tugodumchik; 05-30-2008 at 12:26 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

If you go to /Var/Root/Library/LockBackground.jpg<<that is the wallpaper. You can delete or replace.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAG2621 For This Useful Post:

EvergladesKid (01-18-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2621 View Post
    If you go to /Var/Root/Library/LockBackground.jpg<<that is the wallpaper. You can delete or replace.
    There is no such file in that directory, there is on in private/var/moble/library/ and it's just my background image - I need to get rid of the darker line behind the clock!!!! Still no solution...
    Last edited by tugodumchik; 05-30-2008 at 12:24 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me LeathaFace's Avatar
    Thanks

That file is in the other.artwork file and it is "so far" not deleteable (< not a word lol) but it is modifyable ( < also not a word lol) like u can change the color of it and such its in system/library/frameworks/uikit its the other.artwork file.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha! Russians aproaching! I am from Russia too! Привет! And,yes,your file should be in /Var/Root/Library/LockBackground.jpg ....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post
    That file is in the other.artwork file and it is "so far" not deleteable (< not a word lol) but it is modifyable ( < also not a word lol) like u can change the color of it and such its in system/library/frameworks/uikit its the other.artwork file.
    As I understand - u can only open artwork files on mac? (which I don't have) The line just needs to be transparent. I'm hoping that somebody could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    Haha! Russians aproaching! I am from Russia too! Привет! And,yes,your file should be in /Var/Root/Library/LockBackground.jpg ....
    Moscow 4ever. LockBackground.jpg - is just my background image - and has nothing to do with the dark line behind the clock.
    Last edited by tugodumchik; 05-30-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me LeathaFace's Avatar
    Thanks

umm I beleive there is a program named iphoneshop or something like that, that open artwork files for windows, do a search "how to open or edit artwork" it'll give u the correct name. I think it might be in the wiki section also. OR u can ask someone to make it transparent I would but dont know how to edit the artwork myself. LOL
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

morphiusrt (06-16-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeathaFace View Post
    umm I beleive there is a program named iphoneshop or something like that, that open artwork files for windows, do a search "how to open or edit artwork" it'll give u the correct name. I think it might be in the wiki section also. OR u can ask someone to make it transparent I would but dont know how to edit the artwork myself. LOL
    Thanks - but way to much complicated for me. Still waiting for the solution
    Last edited by tugodumchik; 05-30-2008 at 02:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Theres no simple solution. The file is contained within the other.artwork which is compressed by apple to be only openable through their dev or our way, the iphoneshop way. Many have tried to alter the image but remenence of the original is always their for some reason. Good luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just replace the other.artwork file via SSH in this directory: System/Library/Frameworks/UIKitframework, and you will have an invisible clock background.
    Hope this helps

Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fullquiver8 For This Useful Post:

24trepid (06-02-2008), AttackMonkey (09-25-2008), drgopoos (01-06-2009), pumapimo (10-22-2008), tugodumchik (05-31-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

anyone wanna post the image to make the slide to unlock invisible? thanks for the clock one brotha

edit:
    im actually using darktouch's other.artwork which has altered lots of other frameworks thruout the iphone. i think ill try to edit my own to make it invisible.

still need the slide to unlock tho lol
    Last edited by smirkis; 05-30-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Green Apple
    Thanks

To make that one invisible go to System/Library/Frameworks/Telephony and either edit this file: bottombarbkgndlock.png and topbarbkgnd or delete them along with bottombarknobgray, bottombarknobred, bottombarknobgreen and you will have an invisible lock/unlock bar. Just remember to back up everything.

Kevin

PS if you are using another other.artwork file you like just edit image 171.png (for the invisible clock background)
    Last edited by fullquiver8; 05-30-2008 at 10:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fullquiver8 View Post
    Just replace the other.artwork file via SSH in this directory: System/Library/Frameworks/UIKitframework, and you will have an invisible clock background.
    Hope this helps

Kevin

Kevin you are the man. Thanks a lot. it worked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Background behind the clock???!!!!-photo.jpg   Background behind the clock???!!!!-photo4.jpg  
    Last edited by tugodumchik; 05-31-2008 at 02:07 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey no sweat. It took me forever to figure that one out. Anything else, let me know

Kevin

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Kevin hi,

I also tried to make transparent incall image (when you talk) - there is one on this site but it's not transparent enough. I managed to open artwork file (in Applications/MobilePhone.app/MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork

However I can't change it (make transparent) with Photoshop and when I import pngs files back to artwork file - and than I open it again - the artwork file stays the same - the way it was before i moddifed it. How г do it???? I really appreciate this (files to modify MobilePhonePackedImages-7.png to 12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

tugodumchik

can you tell me how you got your clock numbers to look like that? looks very nice. thanx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just change LockClock.ttf at System/Library/Fonts/Cache

To make your own - just take the original file LockClock.ttf open with any font editor and just change ONLY numbers and : so 0-9 and :

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here you go. I made them transparent. Let me know if it works.
    Kevin

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Clock Fonts
    if you are interested in different clock fonts here are a few that were posted at iphoneskinning.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Background behind the clock???!!!!-picture-1.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks
    where do you put those clock fonts in winscp?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast