Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock Screen Wallpaper issue

Default Lock Screen Wallpaper issue
    I have searched all the posts for help with this but nothing else is relevant (or works) so I am posting a new message.

I have FW 1.1.4 and I have both customize 2.0 and SMBprefs installed. I also have the suid (sp?) fix for customize.

All was working fine until I installed the Iphone PC suite (Net Dragon), I think?!

Now I can only change my lock screen wallpaper via Customize, I cannot change it any other way, which is really frustrating as I don't currently like any of the customize themes lock screen wallpaper.

It makes no difference if I am using a summerboard theme or a customize theme, and I cannot change the wallpaper by selecting a photo in camera roll.

This is driving me nuts!!

It wouldn't be so bad if I could get all my favourite wallpapers into the customize folder as I can change them there, but I don't know how to do this or even if it is possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lynda

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lynswin For This Useful Post:

pitbulvig (08-29-2008)

Hmm.. not too sure I understand whats going on here, I mean I kinda understand what ur saying but at the same time I dont. Um going thru settings/wallpaper and setting a wallpaper doesnt work right? What actually happens when u set one? Are u using a summerboard theme, and have u tried setting the wall thru there?

Can u clarify some of this so I can help u out (though what u said is clear im just a lil lost lol)
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

big.moe (06-13-2008)

Thanks

So what exactly happens when you go into Photos or Settings -> Wallpaper? When you press on the picture, you get no prompt to "Set as Wallpaper"? Or when you press this option, nothing happens?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks for the replies.

here is some clarification:

I can change the (lock screen) wallpaper in Customize 2.0 but obviously I am limited to only pictures in the customize folder.

The following things I have tried to change the wallpaper but they do nothing ie the wallpaper stays same as the one I 'set' in Customize:

1. Change the theme in summerboard.
    2. Set wallpaper to off in summerboard (main wallpaper just disappears, lock screen remains the same).
    3. Change wallpaper in settings.
    4. Select a photo or picture in camera roll and set as wallpaper.
    5. Use the wallpaper application (downloaded from installer) to change wallpaper.

None of these work at the moment! I cannot think of anything else to try!
    My main wallpaper (behind the icons) will change with my themes it is just my lock screen. It will only change in Customize and I don't like any of the wallpapers in my customize folder!!

thanks

Lynda

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I know what you mean I was on the same boat. What I did was I downloaded Finder from Installer then I opened it up and deleted the wallpaper once I did that I was able to posted my own personal pic as my wallpaper.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LiS_a<3 For This Useful Post:

scorpio1973 (06-06-2008)

Thanks for the reply, but what wallpaper did you delete?
    I am not sure how this would solve anything as I am not having problems with one particular wallpaper that is stuck, just that I can't change it other than in Customize.

Best wishes

Lynda

Alrighty as I am boggled by whats goin on here I wont give up on u. LOL, now can u tell me what happens when u go in summerboard and have wallpaper set to "on" AND advanced wallpaper set to "on" and also with BOTH of them "Off"
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

Lynswin (05-31-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im having this same problem and its irritating. I had customize and uninstalled it so I dont know if its customize causing the problem. I have intelliscreen which is also near the time when the problem started. Tried changing the lock screen many different ways and tried changing settings in summer board and nothing works.

HAHA FIXED IT!!!

SSH into phone and goto /private/var/mobile/library folder and you should see a lockscreen.png file...just delete it and then set your new one like normal and fixed it like a charm.
    Last edited by iCory19; 05-30-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iCory19 For This Useful Post:

DR. DOOM (05-31-2008), Lynswin (05-31-2008), netlica (07-11-2008), OnyxSkyDV (08-27-2008), pitbulvig (08-29-2008), Poseidon79 (06-13-2008), RutVegas (06-01-2008)

Glad u found it because I tried doing the same thing as u all so I can see where the problem was happening, but it wasnt happening to me (my lockscreen was still fine) but hopefully your fix can help a few more ppl experiencing this problem.

SSH into phone and goto /private/var/mobile/library folder and you should see a lockscreen.png file...just delete it and then set your new one like normal and fixed it like a charm.[/QUOTE]

I don't have lockscreen.png file in this folder (unless it is in one of the subfolders) but i do have a lockbackground.jpg. Is this it?

Thanks

Lynda

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lynswin For This Useful Post:

bigalpimp (06-06-2008), TsukiakariUsagi (03-11-2009)

I have been having the same problem. I deleted lockbackground.jpg and it seems to have worked.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dextersharpie For This Useful Post:

Lynswin (05-31-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Haha yea sorry it is Lockbackground.jpg or .png....I was doing alot of stuff while i was writing the post.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iCory19 For This Useful Post:

Lynswin (05-31-2008)

OMG!! It worked!!

Thank you all so much for this - it has been driving me nuts for days!!

Best wishes

Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by iCory19 View Post
    Im having this same problem and its irritating. I had customize and uninstalled it so I dont know if its customize causing the problem. I have intelliscreen which is also near the time when the problem started. Tried changing the lock screen many different ways and tried changing settings in summer board and nothing works.

HAHA FIXED IT!!!

SSH into phone and goto /private/var/mobile/library folder and you should see a lockscreen.png file...just delete it and then set your new one like normal and fixed it like a charm.
    Thanks for the fix

I've been having same annoying issue myself and will be glad to test this ssh solution and delete the lockscreenbackgroung .png file. Thanks for bringing up issue and thanks for help fixing issue as well, I really appreciate fix. Will try tonight and reply back later, thanks again though.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to dankillah For This Useful Post:

bigalpimp (06-06-2008)

Sweet!! I was having this problem for the last 2 days and signed up for this forum about an hour ago to find the solution!! Got it!!! This forum rocks!!

Is there anyway to do this via the phone itself? I bought it already unlocked and I am very green with all of this. I have no idea what SSH even is. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynswin View Post
    I don't have lockscreen.png file in this folder (unless it is in one of the subfolders) but i do have a lockbackground.jpg. Is this it?

Thanks

Lynda[/QUOTE]

thanks i just ran into this porblem ealier.

Had the same problem, SSHing helped. Thanks people! =)

Thanks! Had troubles with this too. It stopped working after I installed Customize2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast