+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Transfering Files From PC to Iphone....

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I have been modding various phones for quite sometime now. Most recently I have been doing a lot of modding on Windows Mobile based pda's. I'm a moderator over at
    Thanks

Question Transfering Files From PC to Iphone....
    I have been modding various phones for quite sometime now. Most recently I have been doing a lot of modding on Windows Mobile based pda's. I'm a moderator over at 4winmobile.com in the BlackROM section. I started out my modding days over at the good ol' modmymoto.com. So, modding phones is like second nature to me. However, this iPhone business is a little different world...but I'm quickly picking up on things! I have already jailbroken my iphone and installed the app installer. I have tried a few different summerboard themes built into the installer. However, I really like a lot of the themes posted on this site. I was wondering how to transfer the files from my pc to the iPhone. I have iDemocracy 2.0, iBrowser, and I tried another program. I was able to view the file system with each software, but I didn't see any means of creating new directories or transfering files. I was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I have searched both this site and google without any results. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it! I have done quite a bit of searching, without any luck. So please don't flame me! lol I do know how to use the "SEARCH" button, it just doesn't like me....

Thanks

WinSCP is your best bet for creating folders and moving a lot of files on and off your iphone, assuming you're connected to a wireless network

3. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

bkabner (11-21-2007)

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I am currently on a wireless network and downloading software now!

Thanks

OK

Download it. Your hostname is your IP. Get it from settings/general/network/wifi and press the arrow at your network

Log in with 'root' as your username and 'dottie' for your password if you're on 1.0.2, or 'alpine' if you're on 1.1.1. Change the protocol to SCP

Thanks

You can use iPhoneBrowser to easily create new folders and transfer entire folders at once to the phone.

Just right-click in the dir tree to create a new folder.

Just drag a folder from (Windows) Explorer into the files pane to have it added underneath the current folder.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default creating folders and file transfering
    Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    You can use iPhoneBrowser to easily create new folders and transfer entire folders at once to the phone.

Just right-click in the dir tree to create a new folder.

Just drag a folder from (Windows) Explorer into the files pane to have it added underneath the current folder.
    i don't mean to be hijacking a thread, but to save space and not waste peoples time by creating a another thread/topic

I was wondering if people can help me too.

what if I don't have wifi does that mean i'm screwed, i did all my jailbreaking and homebrew app learning off youtube, i can tell i need winscp, looks like a ftp program.

but as staed i don't have wifi, any other method i can use?

i just downloaded mplayer off cydia and i need to create some folders so i can copy movies across but i'm assuming i must

a) use a app to create the folders
    b) use winscp to transfer files

can anyone help?

p.s i noticed custom slide pictures being made, but they seem like just simple pictures unlike those animated slide ones eg. pacman....can the animated ones be created easily?

i'm trying to make a street fighter 'fireball' slide tool and when it hits the end you get the hadouken sound.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astro2 View Post
    i don't mean to be hijacking a thread, but to save space and not waste peoples time by creating a another thread/topic

I was wondering if people can help me too.

what if I don't have wifi does that mean i'm screwed, i did all my jailbreaking and homebrew app learning off youtube, i can tell i need winscp, looks like a ftp program.

but as staed i don't have wifi, any other method i can use?

i just downloaded mplayer off cydia and i need to create some folders so i can copy movies across but i'm assuming i must

a) use a app to create the folders
    b) use winscp to transfer files

can anyone help?

p.s i noticed custom slide pictures being made, but they seem like just simple pictures unlike those animated slide ones eg. pacman....can the animated ones be created easily?

i'm trying to make a street fighter 'fireball' slide tool and when it hits the end you get the hadouken sound.
    1st things first....
    you can use iphone browser or diskaid to create folders in your iphone.

OR ...
    you can install mobile finder from cydia to create a folder in your iphone w/o using any external file browser.

2nd....
    you use winscp if you want to transfer files via network (wifi) or you can use diskaid if you want to transfer files via USB port....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all,
    I've been using SSH to manipulate files on my iPhone (been cheating at Fieldrunners, changing slider text etc). But how do you add a Theme (for example) that I've downloaded on my PC?

I just don't know what to place the folder which I've downloaded. Will I need to rename the folder and create new subfolders before the iPhone recognises it?

Please help, many thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harpersneil View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been using SSH to manipulate files on my iPhone (been cheating at Fieldrunners, changing slider text etc). But how do you add a Theme (for example) that I've downloaded on my PC?

I just don't know what to place the folder which I've downloaded. Will I need to rename the folder and create new subfolders before the iPhone recognises it?

Please help, many thanks
    place the folder in /var/stash/Themes.H3o1lG

the characters in red may be different on your iPhone. You shouldnt have to rename the folder, but you will need to have Winterboaed installed and apply the theme via Winterboard.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    WinSCP is your best bet for creating folders and moving a lot of files on and off your iphone, assuming you're connected to a wireless network
    Hi I really need to know how to transfer files from pc to iphone.I installed winscp on my windows xp + installed open ssh on my iphone and I logged in but I really can't find the way how Thanks

Thanks

You select the directory you want on the pc using the drop down menu on top of the left frame and do the same on the right side for the iPhone. You can copy files from pc to iPhone or vice versa by highlighting the file you want to copy and pressing the F5 key on your pc keyboard. The selected fe will be copied to the directory selected in the opposite frame.