+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Until then...

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
So. I just realized Im not really happy at all with any method of skinning. Ive tried them all, created my own and pretty much,.. well not impressed. I Dont
    My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Until then...
    So. I just realized Im not really happy at all with any method of skinning. Ive tried them all, created my own and pretty much,.. well not impressed.

I Dont like my method.. Dont really like any method except stock icons, and we all know you cant full skin with stocks. I can bare the transition in the my four row method but dont like the "darken" when pressed to much. The demoapp icon method kills me everytime I go to my mainscreen and any other screen because it transiton is horrible. But i do like how the icons are individual. So I go crazy trying to create better ways to do this. GRRR

Anyone got anything top secret out there?
    Anyone found the stock program file that justifies the background?
    There has to be a better way. Really.
    For today... Im stock. blahhh
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

angiejolie (05-09-2008)

Thanks

Top Secret? heheh. I'm pretty sure someone has something they've found but don't want to share. I really beleive that if only someone can open the ".artwork" files, everything will be solved...

Anyway, keep up the good work. You're such an impact to this community, you don't even know it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well... i have read somewhere here that you can open a .art files in Windows Internet Explorer, IF .art and .artwork files are the same... once you have opened it in WIE, you go to File>Save As and then change it to either a .bmp or .jpg file format... I am not sure if this is possible cuz i dont have any .art/.artwork files to play around with... if someone can provide, ill be glad to try it out and try different programs that I have in my computer.

Thanks

tried that method. i've tried every way possible. and i posted a '.artwork' file in this forum about a week ago. try and search .artwork, im sure you'll find it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just confirming some of the observations on the file MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork:
    It seems to be a packed version of some of the images used in the MobilePhone.app, like the dialer and buttons along the bottom of the screen.
    Also, it must include some coordinate description of where the number-pad digits are located. You can see this for yourself by deleting/renaming the file on the phone and noticing the erratic behavior of the (now-blank) keypad.
    I've looked at the file in a hex-editor and could not find any explicit PNG file headers, so it cannot be simply artwork. I would suspect an archive file format, though I've tried zip and rar with no luck. I'm on a PC though, and it might be a Mac archive format - any volunteers wanna experiment with it on OS-X? Maybe try mounting it as an image even?

I'd rather change my keypad this way, since it works cleaner, and I want the buttons to highlight properly when pressed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. I need a mac and a pc for this stuff
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing