Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Weather icon and 1.1.2

  1. #1
    Default Weather icon and 1.1.2
    Hello,
    don't know if it was previously discussed (searched didn't help) but somehow I can't get the weather app icon to get replaced in summerboard themes from 1.1.2 (1.1.1 worked fine) anybody knows a workaround for that?

  2. #2
    i have the same problem - it's starting to get quite annoying, since it's the only thing which doesn't quite fit in with my Lithos Theme

  3. #3
    I found the solution over in another forum.

    You need to delete these two lines

    <key>SBIconClass</key> <string>SBWeatherApplicationIcon</string>

    found in /Applications/Weather.app/Info.plist

    Weather icon now displays correctly

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ajaxuk For This Useful Post:

    forsyt (11-25-2007)

  5. #4
    please can you upload your Weather.app file,

    when i edit any plist file from my iPhone, it doesnt come in the standard format its all weird like.. "...PLT????WWeather_com.apple.weatherS6.0S1.0 5K_t‰&#169;&#187;&#201;&#209;&#214;&#219;&#227;&# 247;&#251;&#255;"

    anyone know a fix please?

  6. #5
    Hey guys,
    when I open this file on my 1.1.2 iphone there are no lines similar to these. Any other method around there?

    Thanks

    Hamun

    Okay I got it. Just copy the info file to your pc. Then you have to convert it into a ascii file. Open it with notepad and look for these to lines. Then just save it and copy it back in to your weather.app folder. Worked for me.

    Good luck!!!
    Last edited by Hamun; 11-18-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamun For This Useful Post:

    Cyber-Jay (11-28-2007)

  8. #6
    how did you convert it to ascii?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamun View Post
    Hey guys,
    when I open this file on my 1.1.2 iphone there are no lines similar to these. Any other method around there?

    Thanks

    Hamun

    Okay I got it. Just copy the info file to your pc. Then you have to convert it into a ascii file. Open it with notepad and look for these to lines. Then just save it and copy it back in to your weather.app folder. Worked for me.

    Good luck!!!

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cbprod View Post
    how did you convert it to ascii?
    Bookmark this site. It will convert plist files for you.

    Convert Apple Property list from binary to text XML

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaxuk View Post
    I found the solution over in another forum.

    You need to delete these two lines

    <key>SBIconClass</key> <string>SBWeatherApplicationIcon</string>

    found in /Applications/Weather.app/Info.plist

    Weather icon now displays correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    Bookmark this site. It will convert plist files for you.

    Convert Apple Property list from binary to text XML
    Weather icon was annoying me too, so thanks a lot to you guys for the website and the instructions.

    Just a reminder to people... always have a backup of your original file before you mod it!

  11. #9
    Hi BCC the solution is the following:

    go to "Root/System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app" and change this icon, "SBWeatherCelsius.png" with the one you like ;-)
    Let me know if you solved.

    Prokopis

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •