Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: just a little help from above... my background

Default just a little help from above... my background
    I created a custom background and followed the step by step instructions someone posted. When I went to add the background it didn't work. I labeled it as icon.png and interlaced it, put it into DemoApp.app like it said and nothing. Can anyone help???

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rrent=icon.png

This is the background I created.

Any help at all I would really appreciate it thanks!!!!

(also... my gf posted this same thread for me in modding in osx, so I'm sorry! you guys can delete it!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by chad2ss View Post
    I created a custom background and followed the step by step instructions someone posted. When I went to add the background it didn't work. I labeled it as icon.png and interlaced it, put it into DemoApp.app like it said and nothing. Can anyone help???

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rrent=icon.png

This is the background I created.

Any help at all I would really appreciate it thanks!!!!

(also... my gf posted this same thread for me in modding in osx, so I'm sorry! you guys can delete it!!!)
    \

too lazy to look over there anyway. sounds like my skinning method. make sure you edit the displayorder.plist and add demoapp to the bottom, go into the modding windows read Modding 103.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

she never mentioned that I am using Menzana. she is clueless, I just asked her because I couldnt get on here at work until 1am...
    so yes it was your tut,... i did EVERYTHING. The only thing that I am not sure of what I did was I deleted the code for stocks in displayorder.plist and it didn't take my stocks icon away... could this have anything to do with my problem? I have rearranged my icons, and didnt want an extra on top, figured I dont need stocks so I deleted the code not knowing if itd work or not??

she never mentioned that I am using Menzana. she is clueless, I just asked her because I couldnt get on here at work until 1am...
    so yes it was your tut,... i did EVERYTHING. The only thing that I am not sure of what I did was I deleted the code for stocks in displayorder.plist and it didn't take my stocks icon away... could this have anything to do with my problem? I have rearranged my icons, and didnt want an extra on top, figured I dont need stocks so I deleted the code not knowing if itd work or not??
    well if you delete the code for the stocks portion, then your demoapp would then move positions. so that would screw up alignment. however, that doesnt explain why the background is not showing. few questions
    1. did you turn your phone completely off? (power , then red slider to turn off)?
    2. when you editted the DisplayOrder.plist did the file extension remain .plist , check to make sure it didnt turn into a .txt or something wierd
    3. try to change another icon, like, calculator, and see if it changes
    4. try downloading my new template (eagles or penn state) you dont have to use them, but try to follow the readme.txt inside and see if that works.

let me know if anything changes.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

will do... and props on the Penn State! I'm an alumnus!!! However I'm from western PA and am a Steeler fan... I'll check it all out when I get home. I am sure that I saved as .plist. hmmmmm it has to be something. I will go through step by step when I get home and see if there's anything that I missed. Something tells me it has to be with the .plist file because everything else is pretty straightforward...

haha nevermind!!! I see that they were by request! But I will try.... Did you see how I made my icons transparent? Will that matter?

Well I see my background on my screen now, just the top right corner of it though. I changed the DisplayOrder.plist to the original, it shows up now, just incorrectly? dammmmmmit!!!! what am I doing wrong?!
    Last edited by chad2ss; 08-03-2007 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

will do... and props on the Penn State! I'm an alumnus!!! However I'm from western PA and am a Steeler fan... I'll check it all out when I get home. I am sure that I saved as .plist. hmmmmm it has to be something. I will go through step by step when I get home and see if there's anything that I missed. Something tells me it has to be with the .plist file because everything else is pretty straightforward...

haha nevermind!!! I see that they were by request! But I will try.... Did you see how I made my icons transparent? Will that matter?

Well I see my background on my screen now, just the top right corner of it though. I changed the DisplayOrder.plist to the original, it shows up now, just incorrectly? dammmmmmit!!!! what am I doing wrong?!
    I am still dying to get my background to work... If there is anyone who wouldnt mind hitting me up one on one to help me figure out what the hell I am doing wrong I would really appreciate it! I am soooooo frustrated!

someone out there... shoot me a pm PLEASE!!!! I have backgrounds made, I get them half on the screen (with the original DosplayOrder.plist) or not showing up at all (my modified .plist)